Continue to Site

marketing plans for slower jan-feb.

Dmitri

Guys, what are your thoughts , plans for those 2 slower than usual months? I want to stay busy, but dont want
to give away any crazy deals. And if i do any san-feb specials, how do i make sure people do not get used to them?
What is the average drop in sales in percent from say december? Anyways, how is everybody getting ready for after-christmas
period, cause if you do, you must be getting ready now or may be already putting boxtoppers or smth. Or should i just mail out a ton of menues
after New Years?

Last edited:
We use, and I recommend, passing out envelopes (a lot of people use red) that contain either a chance to win a prize or at least a minimum prize of a FREE appetizer or dessert. We usually use prizes like electronics etc. The envelopes simply say (NO PEEKING) bring this envelop back unopened between January 2nd and February 28th to have a chance to win . . .

Our top prize this year is a 42" HDTV. When we started it was only a cell phone. It has grown to be so successful it gets bigger every year.

Simple but very, very effective. Just one of many things we do to keep things rolling right into the new year.

Last edited:
Being slow in Jan or Feb is a mind set…Most folks think they will be slow and do a very good job of being slow…But the few that think they will be busy and work hard to make that happen can stay busy…Gift cards can give you some action in the 2 months following Christmas…And Dmitri’s contest idea works well too…Rather than discounting, add some value to a meal…If you do not sell very many salads or deserts, throw them in for a couple months…

Last edited:
Pat G.:
We use, and I recommend, passing out envelopes (a lot of people use red) that contain either a chance to win a prize or at least a minimum prize of a FREE appetizer or dessert. We usually use prizes like electronics etc. The envelopes simply say (NO PEEKING) bring this envelop back unopened between January 2nd and February 28th to have a chance to win . . .
Diana Coutu in Canada had a nice twist. The smallest prize is a two-liter soda. The twist is that no one wins the two liter soda. They always win at least the next prize up – an appetizer or something. This makes everyone feel that they won something special instead of the booby prize.

Last edited:
“Pat G.” said:

How many envelopes did you pass out?

Last edited:
We now do 1500. We start in early December and they are easily gone by the end of the month.

Last edited:
60.png
royster13:
Being slow in Jan or Feb is a mind set…Most folks think they will be slow and do a very good job of being slow…But the few that think they will be busy and work hard to make that happen can stay busy…Gift cards can give you some action in the 2 months following Christmas…And Dmitri’s contest idea works well too…Rather than discounting, add some value to a meal…If you do not sell very many salads or deserts, throw them in for a couple months…
Mindset is a good reminder and predicting this business is impossible. As royster says, work it. Promote it and give it all that you have. With the food prices up in the retail end of it as high as they are, you just might find yourself ahead of the game when it comes to cost with savy soccer moms and the like.

PD

Last edited:
Pat G.:

Our top prize this year is a 42" HDTV. When we started it was only a cell phone. It has grown to be so successful it gets bigger every year.

Simple but very, very effective. Just one of many things we do to keep things rolling right into the new year.
so 1 envelope per customer or if u r a regular, end up with alot???

give them one every time they come in. They’ll keep coming in knowing they are increasing their chances.

Last edited:
Back