Continue to Site

Massive Footfall due, what to do?

pizzasam

We have been working at building our pizza delco for two years now and still taking one step forward and one or two steps backwards.

We are on a main road, but it has little footfall. However, once a year there is an evening event just down the road which, providing the weather is good, will produce over a 1,000 pedestrians. We have completely revamped the shop since the last years event and look very smart, our pizzas are fantastic and our prices are very competative.

Don’t want to waste such a good opportunity, any ideas? Thinking giving out vouchers but would be nice to do something different.

Last edited:
Firstly, is the event something that you are able to be a part of to setup a tent and sell pizza by the slices? We have a few events throughout the year in which we setup a pop-up tent, and sell slices that have been made and packaged at our location just around the corner. We do absolutely no prepping, cooking, etc at the event, we just keep the slices in hot boxes and replenish as needed which is usually about every 20 minutes.

If you are not able to participate in the event directly, how about getting some balloons and have staff outside offering small, sample size pieces of pizza and handing out a menu with the samples. In the past, I have stapled coupons to all the menus that say “Mention (whatever the name of the event was) and receive a free order of breadstick with your purchase” and then put an expiration date on it a few weeks out.

I think you are completely right, don’t let such an opportunity pass you up! Good luck

Last edited:
I have a number of clients that participate in these events and give out menus and magnets…Typically after an event they see a number of new names in their POS systems so it appears to work…

Last edited:
We can’t be part of the event because the cater it themselves and want all the sales to cover cost of free event, we did a one night offer last year but everyone knows they are going to fill up on burgers and hot dogs.

Like the idea of helium balloons with vouchers/menus, think i might balloon the outside of the shop too. I don’t just want them walking past I want them to have something so they comeback a day or two after.

Last edited:
Back