menu pricing

thezaman

Hi, trying to get thoughts on menu pricing. our sales mix is 50% dine in 45% carry out and 5% delivery. it takes so much more labor to run our dinning room and feel pricing needs to be higher to compensate. how do other operators handle this?

Last edited:
But you might also have a lower food (paper) cost on those since you do not have to put the items in a package to go.

Need to find a balance. We don’t have dine-in, but you just need to balance it all out together and look at the BIG picture.

Last edited:
Hi, trying to get thoughts on menu pricing. our sales mix is 50% dine in 45% carry out and 5% delivery. it takes so much more labor to run our dinning room and feel pricing needs to be higher to compensate. how do other operators handle this?
If dine in is the most costly type of order, I would price as if 100% of orders were dine in so that no matter what your margins are covered.

Last edited:
Is it worth having delivery if it is only 5%? I think if you consider drivers wages and insurance that delivery will be most expensive. In our shop over the course of a shift a driver averages 3 orders per hour.

Last edited:
I think you are probably missing the cost equation on delivery. Total cost is unlikely to be cheaper than dine-in when you take all the related costs into consideration.

Delivery labor
Vehicle costs
Delivery insurance
Delivery specific marketing or coupons to compete with the delivery market
Boxes and other packaging

Mondo is right. Price for your highest cost channel whatever that actually is.

Last edited:
Back