Continue to Site

menu printing - 11x17 trifold 4/4 color

NicksPizza

Alrighty, I suspect there is information in the archives, which I will search. I want to find out if anyone has had spectacular results with a printer making menues for you full color, 11x17 trifold. I am considering developing this as part of our ‘upscaling’ the next few months, and want to start looking now.

I can do a lot of the layout and development myself for the printer to suggest improvement and enhancements. I just want to find someone affordable, reliable and familiar with independent pizzerias.

Thanks to anyone willing to share recent experiences (recent can be 18 mnths old if really good).

Last edited:
Do you use US Foods… ask your sales rep. They will do it all for FREE… yup free.

Anonymous:
Do you use US Foods… ask your sales rep. They will do it all for FREE… yup free.
Do I need to as kfor anything in particular? What are the magic words to use when I talk to my rep next week? Free is altogether the price I want in a menu if it is decent quality.

Last edited:
Even if it is not decent free gives you an excellent return on your investment…RCS…

Last edited:
Tell your sales rep someone here told you about it. It is all part of their “Adavantage” program.

I’ll ask my rep, because all of my member info, and the Foodservice Advantage Club website, says that I can get 50% off menu engineering, but no free menu design and/or printing.

I’ll let you know what I find.

Last edited:
Nick I bought a Cannon 2500 image class, about 1800. It is called a printer but you get copier results. I can make uo to 9000 copies and I use Microsoft Pulblisher for my menu,etc. look into it.

Todd

Guest I am curious as to why you brought up the subject of a colour copier when we were talking about printing…Unless you are doing short runs of less than a few 1,000 pieces there is no way a colour copier can compete with the cost of off-set printing…And if the sales rep told you that perhaps I can sell you some “swamp land”…RCS…

Last edited:
Royce
Any recomendations on a Canadian printer? The local guys want 18 cents and up for 2 color 2 side 8 1/2 x 11.

Last edited:
Nick, you want to check out www.takeoutprinting.com

I’ve been using them for several years now. I just got my latest order today. 10K 11x17 2 color for 850. Including design, folding, and shipping. I don’t remember the price for full color, but blew cfm and promo out of the water! Excellent quality!

Daddio…My Pizza Promo ships out of Ontario…I have no idea about their prices though…

And this may sound a little silly but Central Web Press in Edmonton will do a 4 page full colour tabloid (11 1/2" x 17 3/4") flyer for C$3,277.84 for 50,000 copies (as of Dec 2006)…That would include folding to get the size down to standard for Canada Post unaddressed admail…Paper quality is like a Canadian Tire flyer…100,000 is about C$5,300.00…

I am not sure if they can do a smaller quantity…And what would you use all that space for?..It is about 4 8 1/2" x 11" sheets both sides…Maybe a co-op piece with some other restaurants?..At 50,000 it is less that 7 cents each…How long would it take you to use 50,000?..My experience was once every 5 weeks worked best…

Royce…

Last edited:
We have used My Pizza Promo and Cfm Concepts and they both did an excellent job on the graphics, and the quality of the menus.

Last edited:
Back