Continue to Site

Metal Delivery Boxes- Sterno

Crusher

I have been looking for a place to buy some metal holding boxes to keep pizzas warm during long deliveries or at events. I have seen some that have a sterno fuel in the back that I think would work for what I need, but I cannot find a place to buy them. Anyone got any idea of what I am looking for or where to find them?

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I do not think you can use sterno on the move or in an enclosed vehicle. Have you checked out the hot bags that plug into the cigarette lighter of the car or some of the other hot bags the big3 use? Maybe someone that uses them will chime in!

I don’t know if they are any good but here is a link:

http://www.ultimatepizzabag.com/heating_element_bag.htm

I’ve seen 'em on ebay from time to time…sterno will impart a off-taste…use liquid paraffin instead…

Or, I do have a heated bag system that you can get jumbo 10/box size bag…these are plates that are plugged into a unit…for what its worth…

Last edited:
I have had a couple of the sterno boxes for 12 years. They keep things pretty hot without using the sterno. Good for carrying 8 16" pies each. They do tend to steam up in there and get soft. Using Sterno would not help.

Last edited:
Back