Continue to Site

MMPS360 Shuts off -- Ideas?

Scott_Hack

We have a MMPS360 that whose burner won’t stay on. It stays on for maybe 15 or 20 seconds then cuts off for 5 or 10 seconds and then comes back on. The temp gets pretty high (it has been 7 or 8 months since we’ve used the oven) and today we replaced the temp control module thinking that was the issue, but that didn’t fix it.

Do these ovens have thermocouplers inside them that could be bad? Or is it more likely some sort of bad gas valve? I can hear it click on and off when it the burner starts back up etc…

I figure I’m going to have to have a tech come out and look at it since I’m not comfortable messing with the gas stuff, but I’m hoping someone has been through this so I can get can an idea of the cost and to give the tech a heads up on what parts he may want to bring.

Last edited:
Is the oven maintaining temp?

What you describe is the way they work normally - on/off/on/off/on/off click/click/click/click I’m sure our turns on and off thousands of times a day.

Last edited:
RG,

It doesn’t seem to get UP to temp before it turns off though. That is the problem. Before the burner would stay on until it got up to temp, but this cycling is happening even while it is not up to the set point temp.

Last edited:
Scott
Send a PM to PizzaGuy99. This is Marcus from PESI and as much I don’t like that he spammed our board here, he does know this oven as well as anybody and will be willing to help you troubleshoot. He said he would help the members of this board so take him up on it. I’m sure whatever the problem with your oven is, he’s diagnosed it on 100’s of ovens prior.

Last edited:
Back