Continue to Site

More advice...

canukfanlady

HELLO!! This should be a little quickey one! Ok, so I am trying to fax off a letter to all my local schools. There are about 150 of them. I have been manually typing in each one, yada yada. Is there a software program that I could use that would do it for me? Maybe at a set time when I am not open, early morning, late night or something? It is jamming up my phone which makes me nervous. I dont want to have to come in at 6 am just to get it done. Or stay late at night. And no, my fax doesnt have the capability that I can tell but I am no IT person, so it might its a lexmark x4270. I have looked in the little box thingy where settings and stuff are, seems to only have the capacity to have 5 numbers in the group fax thingy. Oh and 1 more thing. I AM A PIZZA CHICK, I HAVE NO MONEY!! I cant afford even 50 bucks! Lol, you konw what im saying, is there any type of freeware, blah blah computer thingy to make my life easier???

Thanx all!
YOU ROCK!

Last edited:
First off to answer your question. Yes, there is software out there that will do it. I’m going to say this and it will probably piss some people off, but faxing is a dead technology. No, it isn’t going to go away anytime soon. It is like VHS and DVD. Anyone that CAN email does, and anyone that can buy or watch on DVD does. But that is a different rant for another day.

Unless you really plan to make use of faxing on a regular basis, I wouldn’t invest in the software, I would either, tough it out sending them one by one, or look to hire source it out to someone. This website claims to offer the service free to all new clients (up to 500 pages)… I didn’t read the fine print, so I don’t know what it takes to get the deal.

http://jblast.j2.com/

Last edited:
Thanx Scott, just to clearify. This isnt really for fax blasting. It is to send a package to schools that have phoned me to request a package. I fax them the info once I have a meeting booked with them. I just send a 2 page info sheet so that they can get the gist of our program before I go in and see them. It is just that every school has requested to meet with me so I have to send it to all of them. I am just being lazy, lol. I will see if that program works for me. This is kinda a one shot deal having to send so many at once.
Thanx for the reply!

Last edited:
If you are only going to do it once, do not waste your time…For faxing to work, you need to do it for months or years…

You would get a better result by doing a mailing…And I know you said money is tight but you need to include something that is going to be kept past the time your letter is tossed into “File 13”…

If you need it, I can direct you to a website that has all the contact info (nice Excel file) for all the schools in BC…

Good luck…

Last edited:
Like I said, it isnt for marketing. Its just a can you send me the stuff before you come. I have already made my pitch, they liked the pitch. Im going to go drop off the package shake a few hands etc. But in the mean time, they wanted a copy of a letter that is given to the different departments. Im sending it via fax. AM I RETARDED!!! Why didnt I say i would send it via email. I am never doing faxing again! This stinks! Lol!!
Royster. If you have a website with schools in a spreadsheet I would love you forever!!

Cheers All!

Last edited:
Back