Need advice on some wording...

SaraH

I would appreciate help with some wording that will be going onto stadium cups to be sold at a local high school’s basketball games. We will have our logo, name, address, and phone number on there. I want to add some wording to offer them free soda when they bring their cup into our restaurant. I’m just not sure exactly the best way to word it so that it is concise, yet doesn’t allow loopholes…basically, we don’t want 20 teenagers coming in and ordering a small cheese pizza and then thinking they all get free soda…and yet, I want to allow a group of up to four people to each bring in a cup and get free sodas when ordering one pizza.

Any ideas? The following is what I have thought of, but I’m not sure if it is clear (or is there a better offer we could put on the cup?):

BRING THIS CUPâ€â€WE’LL FILL IT UP!
When you purchase a 12â€

Last edited:
How about this?

Bring This Cup – We’ll Fill it Up!

Bring this cup to Sara’s Pizza and we’ll fill it up for free.
Offer good with the purchase of any pizza. (12" minimum)
(Limit 4 cups per party)

Hope you let us know how it works.

Steve

“SaraH” said:
I would appreciate help with some wording that will be going onto stadium cups to be sold at a local high school’s basketball games. We will have our logo, name, address, and phone number on there. I want to add some wording to offer them free soda when they bring their cup into our restaurant. I’m just not sure exactly the best way to word it so that it is concise, yet doesn’t allow loopholes…basically, we don’t want 20 teenagers coming in and ordering a small cheese pizza and then thinking they all get free soda…and yet, I want to allow a group of up to four people to each bring in a cup and get free sodas when ordering one pizza.

Any ideas? The following is what I have thought of, but I’m not sure if it is clear (or is there a better offer we could put on the cup?):

When you purchase a 12â€

Why put any disclaimer. The wording without it says when YOU buy a pizza. As I read it every cupholder would need to buy a pie. You, out of the kidness of your heart, could allow a group of people to buy a pie and fill up several cups, but the way it is worded there is no need for a disclaimer. As a matter of fact the disclaimer could be read to allow a pop and 3 refills too!

Just my $.02

Should you have an expiration date? Or, offer good for limited time only?

i have an idea but first would you have to clean the cups if they left them in their car for a while. would it be a big deal if alot came in at once
this might be a really dumb question so here is my idea
Code:
                                   FREE SODA
                        bring this cup we'll fill it up
                          just buy a pie any size
                             (limit 4 cups )

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your ideas! Based on some of your comments, I am thinking now about the following:

With each purchase of a 14â€

Last edited:
Back