Continue to Site

Need Full Red FP sauce... kind of in a bind... please help.

pizzafanatic

Long story short, my distributor has decided not to carry my usual sauce (Stanislaus Full Red Fully Prepared). They neglected to inform me until I tried placing my weekly order and the system said they were out. I called my rep and she did some poking around. Come to find out, another client of theirs found out they were discontinuing carrying this sauce and decided to buy up what they had left.

So, I’m SOL. I have enough sauce to get me through this weekend and then I’m out. My rep first tried to get me to switch to their house brand, but I told her that that was not an option. So they did agree to purchase a skid of my sauce for me, but it won’t be here until April 17.

Do any of you use this sauce? If so, is there any chance I can maybe buy a couple of cases from you and have them shipped to me? I’m sure I’ll take it in the shorts on shipping, but it’s worth it to me. Plus I’m going to go back to my distributor and have them reimburse me for the shipping.

Please help if you can. Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Need Full Red FP sauce… kind of in a bind… please he

Call Stanislaus in the morning and ask them what other distributors in your area carry the item number you are looking for. I’m not at all familiar with distributors in CA but I would bet you can find one not too far away. Trying to ship a couple cases is just nuts and bringing in one pallet only helps you for so long. You need to not look for a two week or even a six month solution, but find a permanent solution. Either find a new distributor that carries this or find a substitute to use. I’ll bet you that Escolon produces an extremly similar product that may be easier to find where you are.

Last edited:

The folks at Stanislaus are the best…I would not all be surprised if you called them, they would ship something directly to you just to get you through the jam your in…They are not far from you…I must say they are really a great group of people. I have been working with them on our start up and think they are a rare company who seem to have a real passion for what they do…Let us know if they help you out…

Last edited:

“Call Stanislaus”… I did. They told me the best they could do is refer me to another distributor that keeps this sauce in stock. I’ll probably “will call” this distributor on Monday if I can’t get any through other means. I was hoping Stanislaus would say “oh, we’ll send up a couple of cases while you wait for your shipment to come in” 😉

Paul, you’re right about looking for a more permanent solution. The pallet of sauce will last me a few months which will give me time to figure things out (new sauce or new distributor). But my bind is in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
48.png
Easygoer13:
The folks at Stanislaus are the best…I would not all be surprised if you called them, they would ship something directly to you just to get you through the jam your in…They are not far from you…I must say they are really a great group of people. I have been working with them on our start up and think they are a rare company who seem to have a real passion for what they do…Let us know if they help you out…
Easy, you are absolutely right about Stanislaus. That is one of the reasons why I insisted with my current distributor that I want to continue using the same sauce.

Last edited:

You should most certainly call Stanislaus. I have called them a couple of times and you get a live body every time you call. They have been most helpful in providing information on which distributors carry their product. Their number is 800-327-7201. These people really are a class act and will go out of their way to get you back in the drivers seat.

Last edited:

Even if your distributor is no longer going to stock the product, they can most likely special order it. You would just need to buy in larger amounts when you place the order and stay about 3 weeks ahead on stock. Ask your rep.

Last edited:

Hey brother,

Is this different from the regular Full Red w/ basil? We use FR w/ basil. If you wanted to buy a couple of cases, i’m a bit down the road in SANTA CLARA, near San Jose. Also, have you tried Restaurant Depot?

Last edited:
48.png
JRFPizza:
Hey brother,

Is this different from the regular Full Red w/ basil? We use FR w/ basil. If you wanted to buy a couple of cases, i’m a bit down the road in SANTA CLARA, near San Jose. Also, have you tried Restaurant Depot?
It is different and thanks for the offer. I am will-calling 6 cases from a distributor called Tony’s Fine Foods in Sacramento tomorrow. I was really surprised that this distributor was willing to do this for me even when they knew it was only a one-time purchase. It’s nice to know there are a still good businesses around willing to help another out in a bind. Who knows, they may be getting more of my business down the road.

Last edited:
48.png
pizzafanatic:
It is different and thanks for the offer. I am will-calling 6 cases from a distributor called Tony’s Fine Foods in Sacramento tomorrow. I was really surprised that this distributor was willing to do this for me even when they knew it was only a one-time purchase. It’s nice to know there are a still good businesses around willing to help another out in a bind. Who knows, they may be getting more of my business down the road.
That last sentence is the nut. “Enlightened Self Interest” . . . a business who sees the value of doing a good deed as a means of establishing good will and attracting a new business relationship.

Last edited:
Back