Needs some help with crispy dough

Bingbat

Hi, hoping you can help me. I originally had a stone pizza oven and had no problems with getting a crispy crust. My business grew and had to switched to a conveyer oven. The problem is I cant get a crispy crust. Comes out chewy and has no crunch. I’ve kept the same recipe for both ovens used.
25 pounds flour, 1 cup oil, 1/4 cup salt, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup of yeast and 1 gallon plus 2 cups of water. Water is stored in cooler at 34 degrees. When making a batch of dough I mix it in a berkel dough mixer for approximately 7-8 minutes. The dough is warm to the touch. I let it rest for 10 minutes then cut and form into different size balls, spray with veggi oil , wrap the tray and place in the cooler for 24 hours. The next day I pull what dough I need , run it through my dough machine to stretch it and screen the dough. The dough is out for app. 2 hours before the are used. An extra large pizza is 24 ounces of dough. I’ve tried about everything I can think of to get a crispy crust and nothing works. Can you help?
Thanks

Last edited:
Try half a cup salt and a quarter cup sugar. Or learn bakers percentage to make everything easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Tell me about your oven, what model is it? What inserts are you using in it?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe try adding more water to your mix and extending the bake time by decreasing the temperature. I had the same problem at the beginning but have it right now. 63- 65% water. Very little oil and sugar.

Last edited:
Boil water in normal temperature and bake dough for 20 minutes in oven.
This recipe make your dough base crispy for pizza.

Last edited:
Back