Continue to Site

New 6,000 seat soccer stadium opening how to take advantage

Pazzo_di_Pizza

Good afternoon.

AS you many of you know I am knee deep in opening a new place in Poulsbo, WA in an area with a Wal-Mart, Home Depot and soon to open Office max besides all the other little shops.

I just found out on Saturday (through the local paper) a 6 acre site has been purchased with the owner planning to build a 6,000 seat soccer only stadium. This site is less than a mile from my target location and I figured I better get a jump on this know.

Any ideas of how to take advantage of this opportunity? Try to provide pizzas for the eateries, cross marketing, just put a road sign out by the exit “hot pizza, cold beer”?

The owner currently is part owner of the Seattle Sounders (local pro team) and wants to move this team or bring a new team to our area. The plan is for the stadium to be up and running in time for the 2008 soccer season next fall.

Last edited:
Re: New 6,000 seat soccer stadium opening how to take advant

talk to the owner, see if you can advertise in the stadium

Last edited:

Offer to purchase the tickets and have a coupon printed on the back.

Hi Pazzo,

I work for NoteAds Advertising… We specialize in printing coupons on Post-it Notes.

Your post caught my attention…

A customer of mine placed a re-order a few weeks ago, and told me how he was using his Post-it Notes. He went to his local high school and got their permission to stick the notes on the seats of their football stadium before their home games. He would stick a note on every other seat (assuming that people would be going with a guest).

After a high school football game the next step for students is to go out and get pizza!! This helped direct most of these students to his franchise (instead of the competitors). After the first game, he was so busy he actually hired on 3 more part-time staff members!!

I think he donated 5% of sales back to the school or something in order to get rights to advertise in their stadium. The offer he used was simple - $7.99 for one large pizza.

You could do something similar with this soccer field…

Just wanted to throw it out there!

Liz

Last edited:
60.png
NoteAds:
A customer of mine placed a re-order a few weeks ago, and told me how he was using his Post-it Notes. He went to his local high school and got their permission to stick the notes on the seats of their football stadium before their home games. He would stick a note on every other seat (assuming that people would be going with a guest).
You could even use your doorhangers for this sort of thing and save on printing costs initially to see if it is worth further investment.

Last edited:

might be worth it to approach the owner and see if you could swap advertising. for the week leading up to the game, you’ll box topper flyers promoting the stadium and the game (maybe a coupon for $ off admission) for him, and on game days the ticket takers hand out your flyers to people coming thru the gates? could be a good way to get your foot in the door with him, to then work out bigger partnerships down the road

-tyson
Pazzo di Pizza:
Good afternoon.

AS you many of you know I am knee deep in opening a new place in Poulsbo, WA in an area with a Wal-Mart, Home Depot and soon to open Office max besides all the other little shops.

I just found out on Saturday (through the local paper) a 6 acre site has been purchased with the owner planning to build a 6,000 seat soccer only stadium. This site is less than a mile from my target location and I figured I better get a jump on this know.

Any ideas of how to take advantage of this opportunity? Try to provide pizzas for the eateries, cross marketing, just put a road sign out by the exit “hot pizza, cold beer”?

The owner currently is part owner of the Seattle Sounders (local pro team) and wants to move this team or bring a new team to our area. The plan is for the stadium to be up and running in time for the 2008 soccer season next fall.

Last edited:

Great ideas everyone! This whole thing was such a surprise it hit me like a feight train. I knew you all would come through for me. Even though this adds a new project to my list of things to do, getting a jump on my competition now will make all the difference when we open.

I am sure I will have more questions and look forward to everyones help and replies. I wish I could contribute more than I do. Eventually, just need to be patience.

Back