NEW OVENS CREATING SOGGY TOPPINGS

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I NEED SOME HELP I PURCHASED A NEW MIDDLEBY 570 AND ITS GREAT UNTIL I COOK A PIZZA WITH EVERYTHING. THE VEGGIES ARE LOSING ALL THIER JUICE AND MAKING THE PIZZA WET I HAVE CUT DOWN THE TOPPINGS AND MADE SURE THAT WE ARE DRAINING VERY GOOD NOT OVER CHEESING. I AM AT A LOSS AND NEED SOME HELP ANY ONE WITH SOME ADVICE PLEASE HELP. ALSO I HAD 2 MIDDLEBY 360’S AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP

I think we will need a few bits of info before we can get you some advice…first, are you using frozen or fresh veggies? How are they stored overnight? How much are you putting on the pizza? What is the cook time? What is the oven temp? How are topping stored at the prep table (are they drained properly)?

Last edited:
I use all fresh veggies on my pie’s, and when I put 3 or more veggies on a pie it’s like a lake in the center… mmm juicy 🙂

I just let it go, no one has ever complained and people just keep getting the same thing over and over so that proves they must like it. 😃

Last edited:
My first guess, knowing nothing specifically about the 570, is the fingers configuration. (Taking your word that the veggies are well drained!) What to do with them is beyond me, though–try calling Middleby for help?

Esp with fully loaded pies, slow and lower seems to be the best answer. Unfortunately, the best way to find the solution is to waste a couple of pies by trying things.

Second thought: are the toppings in the right proportion? A heavy handed make line that doesn’t use a scale can be bad…

HTH

steve

Back