Continue to Site

Old Mixer Help

Steve

We recently were told we had to have our mixing bowl re-tinned. After sending it out they could not fix it. Our mixer is EXTREMELY old, it’s a Century brand ~1940’s? The mixer still works great but our bowl was destroyed when they tried to fix it. Does anyone have any idea where we could find a new bowl?

If not, what’s your suggestions on a new planetary mixer, 50 pounds of flour; total weight about 83lbs when all ingredients mixed.

Thank you in advance!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ouch. Who tried to repair it? Seems like they should be held accountable for “destroying” it.

Can’t go wrong with a Hobart mixer. We use both 60 and 80 quart models in different stores. Our batches are typical 50lbs flour batches. I prefer the 80 quart because it seems like less wear on the machine but the 60q has been going strong for a very long time so who knows… We use a bowl extension on the 60q where the 80q doesn’t require one and has plenty of room.

Last edited:
Have you tried ebay
I’ve tried everything that I can think of. I don’t know if there’s another one even out there anymore. Just trying to avoid dropping 16k into a new Hobart

Last edited:
Ouch. Who tried to repair it? Seems like they should be held accountable for “destroying” it.

Can’t go wrong with a Hobart mixer. We use both 60 and 80 quart models in different stores. Our batches are typical 50lbs flour batches. I prefer the 80 quart because it seems like less wear on the machine but the 60q has been going strong for a very long time so who knows… We use a bowl extension on the 60q where the 80q doesn’t require one and has plenty of room.
They dipped it in acid as part of the repair process. The metal was too thin to repair, I can’t fault them for it, I am rather agitated that they didn’t tell us the bowl was actually ruined before sending it back to us and charging us the shipping. We’re leaning towards a HL662 just from looking online but we may look into used

Last edited:
Back