Continue to Site

..omg.. Plastic sales up!!

pizza2007

Dang,

Its just not getting better. Credit/Debit card usage is pegging 48% already (thru Jan)!!! Up 10% over last year and I don’t see it going down, only up. Any advice on how to cut the merchant costs? I’m around 2.7%, but its 2.7% of an additional 20% of sales it looks like.

Last edited:
oh man, I wish I was at 50% CC to cash. I’m more like 60-70% credit/debit sales. We are living in a plastic world 😦

Last edited:
Don’t feel too bad… my full service restaurant has had nights that we were over 100% because of the tips. It really stinks to have to go withdraw cash from the ATM to pay out the tips for the night.

My quick serve restaurant is usually at 75-80% cards.

Last edited:
I don’t know that it is all that bad having a high % of plastic. If some dude came in with a gun he can have all the cc tabs he wants. Give me plastic any day, but then again our costs are only about 1.5%

Dave

Last edited:
Credit card sales were 56% of my sales month ending yesterday. Because so few of my transactions are swiped my cost on these transactions averages just over 3.1%.

Last edited:
48.png
paul7979:
Credit card sales were 56% of my sales month ending yesterday. Because so few of my transactions are swiped my cost on these transactions averages just over 3.1%.
I overcame this problem by getting a couple of portable machines that my drivers take with them. It has worked out well and the chances of fraud are reduced as the card must be swiped on delivery.

Last edited:
53% :? We are seeing more and more check cards, people using cyber cash. Visa/MC were smart to add that feature, and we pay for it.

Last edited:
230_2.png
Daddio:
48.png
paul7979:
I overcame this problem by getting a couple of portable machines that my drivers take with them. It has worked out well and the chances of fraud are reduced as the card must be swiped on delivery.
I looked into this but can’t make it work for my store without costing more. I can’t see how I could use mobile machines and not have enough machines to have one for each driver on our busiest night. The companies I looked into each charge a monthly access fee for each machine eating away any savings I would get by having the swiped rate.

Last edited:
Back