Continue to Site

Online Ordering

Upst8

I use GrubHub, we do a ton of business with them. They get 10% of every order plus add on fees for credit cards, and a multitude of other things. Looking for a cheaper solution. Has anyone had any success with other companies???

Last edited:
Holy cow, 10%!?!?!? Do you have a POS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ve used eThor and Brygid. eThor was definitely more cost effective but we did not like their services nearly as much as Brygid. I would highly recommend Brygid if your POS supports them.

Last edited:
We use our own online system through our POS supplier Microworks. No % at all. Normal CC fees. Are you capturing email addresses from Grub Hub? If you do, I would suggest you do your own online system and market to the addresses you get and try to migrate them over to order direct.

Last edited:
We use Eat24 and Grubhub as well. It’s been great for turning on new customers who use their services but have never heard of us. Sometime In the future we will probably use Big holler and turn off Eat24 and Grubhub. Or maybe charge a Higher deliver fee for Eat24 and Grubhub versus our own ordering site. So customers start using our site to save themselves money, in return we save money! =)

Last edited:
I use GrubHub, we do a ton of business with them. They get 10% of every order plus add on fees for credit cards, and a multitude of other things. Looking for a cheaper solution. Has anyone had any success with other companies???
10%? Yikes. I thought I was getting hosed.

How on earth can you make money with that % cut?

Last edited:
Sometime In the future we will probably use Big holler and turn off Eat24 and Grubhub. Or maybe charge a Higher deliver fee for Eat24 and Grubhub versus our own ordering site. So customers start using our site to save themselves money, in return we save money! =)
Be careful using the strategy of charging more for delivery on their site. You say that they bring you a lot of first time customers, some that have never heard of you. They may wind up with the impression that you’re the place that serves great pizza but has the exorbitant delivery fee so it’s worth going elsewhere. If they haven’t yet heard of you, there’s a good chance they won’t realize delivery would be cheaper via other venues. If they do realize this there’s cheaper delivery fees elsewhere they might feel ripped off.

Last edited:
After a long conversation one day with my rep from GrubHub they tell me their goal is not to have repeat customers after a 2nd or 3rd order and encourage us to push those customers to use our own integrated site. Problem with that logic is I see more and more people liking the convenience of a marketplace so you either accept it and be on it at their price or don’t be on it at all and do something to push people to your own site - waiting for the right time to drop GH but I am going to push out a coupon for 25% off online orders (including any coupons I have on the site) which is still less than the 10% GH costs.

I have a 2nd more local option at my campus shop hungrybuffs.com which is tied to “Local Up” and recently purchased by Groupon. My % is less and the big problem is during a week I do 1800 orders 500 come through them. Hard to say f that when that much traffic is coming through.

Last edited:
Back