Continue to Site

Opinion on Lincoln 1040 oven & Mixer

Could I get some opinions on the quality of a Lincoln 1040 oven? Are these good ovens? What is a fair price for a used oven? Any problems with this oven?

Also just to confirm a 60 qt mixer is an adequate size for a shop?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
The Lincoln 1000 series ovens can cook great pizzas if set up right. Be careful as a whole lot of these were originally sold to Red Lobster and used to cook many of their entrees. These ones need the fingers switched out or a bit of tweaking to do well with pizzas. As far as price? I have seen them sell on Ebay pretty regularly for $5,000 for a doublestack. If there is a set local to you that you can actually cook a pizza on before purchase it may be worth more.

A 60 quart mixer is large enough for a pizza shop and I have seen many shops mix 50LB bags of flour in these. Most are not rated for 50 LBS of flour and the flour barely fits but they will handle it. If you can find an 80QT mixer for a similar price I would think that would be a better fit.

Last edited:
Hi Freddy K:

Paul covered the situation very well.

I would make one observation: At a price of $5000.00 I would wonder why one of the many oven reconditioners have not purchased the ovens offered.

I would note also that ovens over about five, six years old would not have the latest gas burners, modulating gas valves, and other improvements recently added to ovens.

We sell some used (reconditioned) ovens but I always tell the buyer that they, within a few years, they will have paid the price of a new oven in higher operating and maintenance costs.

With many, they simply cannot afford the latest equipment but unfortunately they often get stuck with a bad buy.

George Mills

Last edited:
48.png
Freddy_Krugerrand:
Do they have oven reconditioners in Hawaii?
I know of none. Try local service companies, they would be the most probable to recondition.

George Mills

Last edited:
I can’t comment on the oven, but with regard to the mixer, you can make do with a H-600, but a P-660 is a real work horse and much better suited to use in a pizzeria. Whatever you get though, go with a 220-v model right up front.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back