Continue to Site

Ordering Concept

mtnpizza

I have a small pizza shop that has high volume seasonal business in a resort. There is limited seating and is more of a grab and go concept. However to manage the volume I am thinking of customers completing a menu checklist while waiting in line. Do any of you use such a concept. Any pros or cons with this approach. If you ever have eaten at a Which Wich, they use this concept in a great way (check our their website).

Last edited:
I am going from a very distant memory, however, I seem to remember reading an article about a busy pizza place that had ordering terminals…The customers used a terminal to order their food and then got in line to complete and pay for their order…When it was their turn, the order was brought up on the cash station and the order was confirmed and completed…This allowed a single cashier to move a long line quickly…

Last edited:
Which Wich does this with sandwich bags that you check off how you want your sanwich made, and the sandwich is served in that bag so you know what you ordered. It seems to work well for them.

http://www.whichwich.com/

Last edited:
I am not up and running yet, but I was thinking that if the customer completed a “form” like Which Wich then the order form could follow the pizza from ordering to prep to completion to table delivery. Is this overkill?

Last edited:
Also check out the Hamburger concept “The Counter”.

However you will probably find that the cost of paper and stolen pens and being unable to read the customers handwriting and confusion of those that don’t either fill out sheet or do it wrong add up to more time and cost than either using a proper POS or having an employee do it right. Besides the employee has to repeat and review order to ring it up correctly so I’m not personally seeing the advantages. What kind of menu do you have that is so big or different that thirty seconds having the order taker ordering on terminal or checking boxes on paper would be saved by the customer doing instead?

Last edited:
Back