Continue to Site

Packaging For Take-&-Bake

indie_pizza

Just got a client for a steady flow of take-&-bake pizzas Mon-Fri and I’m wondering how you all package these.

Last edited:
Pizza circle with plastic wrap. If you sell alot of them buy the machine that heats the bottom to strech it tight. Or for starters a blow dryer to the bottom will also strech it tight .Looks better than just wrapping it.

Good luck,

Last edited:
the problem w/shrink wrap & circles, is storing them in mass quantities…

Consider using a traditional pizza box - IF - they are using all the product shipped that day, otherwise I’d say use the shrink wrap/pizza box combo…

We used to stack par-bake pies on circles w/3 stacker supports, then shrink-wrap the whole batch & used a plastic recyclable box to ship…

Another issue to consider is how do they store product b4 use…

Last edited:
Never did take and bake, but there are three take 'n bake ONLY outfits where I live and they all Pressware trays. Also, there’s a couple of recipes here for t&b dough. I tried one of them myself – it worked nicely considering the 425F baking temperature.

Last edited:
Pactiv also makes a nice black tray (a bit pricey)but easy for the customer to use and you can throw the whole thing in the oven. Also looks very nice.

Last edited:
We actually use the Pactiv product…not black anymore…more tan in color. We stretch the pie onto the tray…top it and seal it with a shrinkwrap machine…and hand off to the customer in a cheap clay box with directions attached.

Works perfectly. Look on ebay for the shrinkwrap machine.

Last edited:
we do the same thing we wrap on the Pactiv then we add an instruction sheet, that has several specials…

Last edited:
Back