Continue to Site

Panago Menu

It’s really hard to read, but I can just make out that one of their toppings is meatballs. It’s listed right after pineapple towards the end of the list. Meatballs sound great, they should really try and push those!

Last edited:
brad randall:
It’s really hard to read, but I can just make out that one of their toppings is meatballs. It’s listed right after pineapple towards the end of the list. Meatballs sound great, they should really try and push those!
I am guessing that you are joking. I think it looks great. You can order right from the mailer. Thats the way mine is also.

Last edited:
A simple layout used effectively but I’m not convinced about having 3 out of the 3 pizza images all with meatballs!! What about the vegi’s or people who don’t like meatball?

Last edited:
Wizzle Wassell:
A simple layout used effectively but I’m not convinced about having 3 out of the 3 pizza images all with meatballs!! What about the vegi’s or people who don’t like meatball?
Yeah, you gotta have some balls to do that… :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
They do a new menu about 15 times a year and it is usually backed up with a good number of TV commercials…

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
They do a new menu about 15 times a year and it is usually backed up with a good number of TV commercials…
what every 3 weeks?

Last edited:
blimey - that must cost em a fortune just in terms of print set up, delivery etc

I thought I did a lot with 6 menu’s a year!

Last edited:
My best guess is the menu and inserting it in a newspaper is about 11 cents x 8,000 homes (local store) or just under 900.00 each time…Now they are part of a 170 store chain so their costs are way lower than an independent…I understand the local store does 900,000 a year so menu and distribution are about 1.5% of annual sales…Seems like a good investment to me…

Last edited:
Not a whole lot of competition but that will change soon…An upscale place opens next week!..

And 900,000 is only 9.38 per month per house…

Last edited:
That seems like alot of waste to do a menu that many times! It must not be the same for Panago everywhere cause out here in our area they only change 4 times a year and they only mail out a few times each year.

Last edited:
I was surfing on the Advertising Age website and I came across this article: The Best Performing Print Advertising of the Summer.
AdAge:
All selected ads were best at attracting reader attention, and readers acted upon these ads at levels above the average for the product category.
I know these are magazine ads and not newspaper inserts, but they really are the total opposite end of the spectrum from ones done for pizza… the word “minimalist” comes to mind with most of them. I wonder what the ad for the Ford Focus would look like if done by pizza marketers?!?

Last edited:
Back