Continue to Site

Papa Murphy's Pizza Tax

Tony_Maronni

Has any body heard that Papa Murphy’s has to start charging sales tax on there pizza? I guess that the BIG 3 were saying that PM’s had a unfair advantage by not charging tax. Just wondering now do you think that would include all pizza shops that also do take & bake? and what would that tax do against the food stamp purchases? Could you still use food stamps to buy the T&B pizzas?

Last edited:
How could this have possibly passed if they still consider frozen grocery store pizzas as “groceries” and are exempted from tax? What’s the difference, other than a few million dollars to lobby the politicians with?

Last edited:
What is taxable under sales tax is a state issue and/or local issue. Our state is really screwed up on sales tax exemptions (medicine is taxed, but certain types of string are not) . We currently do not charge tax on most grocery items, but, ,like most states we do tax prepared food. When I walk down the breezeway to the grocery store and buy a buggy load of 2liter drinks they are not taxed. When I sell the same bottle, it is taxed because it is considered part of a prepared meal.

Last edited:
Back