Continue to Site

Par baked storage..shelf life???

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Hi There,

Hopefully somebody out there may be able to help me?? I own a woodfired pizza buisness that caters for festivals and events.
Ive been approached by a store to supply par baked woodfired pizza bases to sell on there shelves .
I have very little knowledge of par baking and from what I know I have to store the par baked product in a frezzer until consumtion.

How does this work when I see par baked products at room tempreture in a shop on a shelf… this would be ideal, rather than keeping them frozen but im unsure how this all works… and how long I can store them??

Can you help??

Look forward to receiving any advice…

Kind Regards

another question for thr Dr.

but, when I did par-baked shells, shelf life under refridgeration is 7-10 days, but I used a special formula that included a gum to help retain moisture…(these were topped pies - bread lasts longer when freezing vrs cooler time - topped pies tend to suffer after 10 days, a sauce/cheese issue)

You can add preservatives (like BHT) to stretch the life &/or keep it shelf stable, but there are some packaging issues…

Last edited:
Hi there…

Thanks for the advise, can you tell me what the Gum formula was to keep the moisture?? Im finding the drying out thing to be a problem with par baking…

Again thank for any help you can give me… Very appreceiated.

sad 2 say, the gum additive is quite expensive - only because you have 2 buy 100# or so @ at time…

TIC Gums 800-221-3953…think its was called Ticaloid Lite - a blend of 3 diferent gums…you use only a few oz. per 50# batch of dough…

you can use it in your regular production as well…pretty kewl stuff…

you can bake a slice pie & reheat it the next day and have little degradation…

Last edited:
Back