pasta and calzone recipes

bjdelight

I am located in a rural area. I bought a small carryout with pizza and subs about 3 months ago. Evening and weekend business is great but am looking to expand the menu to get more daytime sales. Anyone know where to find recipes for pastas and calzones. I have 2 pizza ovens and am installing a grill and fryer soon.

Last edited:
Do a google search for calzone or pasta recipes and you will find lots of different ideas. I also find that there are sometimes some good ones on the foodnetwork.

Last edited:
Look no further than your own pizza dough it will work well in making your calzones. Just be sure to tear a small hole in the top center to allow steam to escape and brush the top of the calzone with cream, melted butter of a flavored oil, or just use olive oil to brush on the calzone just before you put it in the oven.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Thank You, I think we got it. We brush ours with garlic spread which we use for cheesy breadsticks anyway. Can you do a dessert calzone??
Maybe pie filling in the pizza crust, brush with eggwash and sprinkle with sugar?? I am really new to the pizza biz but have lots of foodservice experience.

Last edited:
Back