Continue to Site

pasta search - bucatini or perciatelli

NicksPizza

I am hunting a source for one of these two pasta shapes (that are virtually identical except for the name): bucatini or perciatelli. It is a long, thickish spaghetti with a tiny hole through it. It’s a long tube. Some trendy restaurants used to use them for straws, even.

I want to try it out for a baked pasta dish, and a couple other applications. In the meantime, I need to find a wholesale source of some sort. USFoods and Roma near me do not carry such, and the internet search yields few brands that manufacture or import it: DaVinci and DeCecco are two larger shops. I am talking about buying maybe 40# at a time, and want to avoid retail pricing of at all possible.

Anyone got an interesting pointer for this really odd request?

Last edited:
Alrighty. No one has the bucatini. Anyone source actual pastitsio #2 macaroni? brands I know are Misko, Hlios, and Melissa. Anyone? It is a 10" long pasta drinking straw to look at it.

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
Alrighty. No one has the bucatini. Anyone source actual pastitsio #2 macaroni? brands I know are Misko, Hlios, and Melissa. Anyone? It is a 10" long pasta drinking straw to look at it.
Sorry old buddy, but nobody loves you anymore. 😛

Dave

Last edited:
try Barilla they make it.

any half way decent Italian food distributor should carry it. Its pasta for crap sake.
I can buy it in any grocery store in my neighborhood.

Last edited:
Thanks, porky. I can find bucatini in local grocery stores, but want to find it wholesale. The site Royce gave has promise . . . . I also found a potentially more affordable source online for the pastitsio #2 macaroni. Random luck.

Wish I knew Greek wholesalers in Atlanta 😦

Last edited:
Often times I can buy stuff at our local grocer for less than the “cash and carry”…Now our local grocer does a lot of importing so maybe they have cut the distributor out of the loop and pass the savings on…

Last edited:
also nick, most grocers run specials on Barilla, 10 box for 10 bucks.
1.00 a pound. Do you think your going go through that much Buccatini anyway?

Last edited:
1 lb or 50 lb . . . 2.89 a pound is too much. I’ll check sysco and see if anyone I kow will order me a case of it. I don’t do Sysco in our county. The truck no-show ratio was too high.

I’ll keep an eye on the Barilla sales once we find a store nearby that carries the bucatelli.

Last edited:
Rustichella d’Abruzzo makes it and you can buy it at Whole Foods, or order it through Amazon.

Thanks, guys.

I ended up sourcing and buying “pastitsio #2” pasta from a Greek grocery importer/seller. I so love the willingness tooffer ideas and sources of food. You guys rule!

Last edited:
Back