Continue to Site

Patriot Pizza question 4 u

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I saw in Gob message you are using inventory in quickbooks.

I use quickbooks but don’t even touch the inventory area… will you explain a little how you do it?

I am excited to think after all these years I have missed something with quickbooks.

Thanks

I key in all the items rec’d & break them down in QB into categories, dairy, produce, staples, meat etc…

Use the receive items w/bill icon…

when you start, you’ll need to “build” your Item List…this can be done as you key in the itemized invoice…treat each item as an “Inventory Part” and fill in the blanks…

You’ll need to create inventory/asset accounts (daity, meat), relevant sales accounts (pizza, salads, steaks) and related cost of goods accounts (meats, dairy, dry goods)

Its a bit of a challenge to set it all up, but when you do, keying in the invoices is a snap…

You’ll know which invoices are due, how much you’ve purchased etc…

I then take my POS info & key that into QB via a general journal entry…you can do it daily, but I track my POS info into a spread sheet, then key it into QB on a weekly basis…

So, at mid month, you can hav QB print an Inventory Work sheet…you need to organize the Item List as you enter new items, as it automatically places them at the top of the list…I’m quite anal (most accounts are) I need all my cheeses grouped together, all the pizza toppings, etc…

Now under the Activities bar, go to the Inventory Adjust…

make sure the date is correct, then pick the cost of goods category…

a list appear of all items purchased (it adds multiple invoices) & then in the 2nd pane you key in the current amount on hand…

You can doo all the item in the same cost of goods category, then hit next and re-enter a new cost category…

QB will extend the right #'s and then you create a P & L using the Report bar…

Quite simple id your #'s minded…

QB gives you a sample co. so you can play b4 going live…

OORAH! Semper Fi!
3rd MAW, El Toro, CA
Area Auditor, IGB

Last edited:
Back