Continue to Site

Patriots pizza-question

brandy7279

I read in one of your other posts about using your pizza dough to roll up a sandwich. May sound like a stupid question, but how does that work? I have been looking at wraps but dont particularly like most that Ive tried. Could you elaborate on this idea any? Do you do it?

Last edited:
not “wraps” per se, but calzones and sub/sandwich rolls…

you can use the exact same dough, but you’ll need to “proof” it an “extra” long time, as the yeast content is approx 1/2 when compared to traditional bread dough…

if your volume warrants, you can make a 25# batch of dough, double the yeast, (kick start it in warm water) and use tap water…

after you mix it, dump it into a buss tub, cover & let rise 2x in size…remove from the tub, punch it down, scale into desired sizes, roll & re-proof…CiCi’s does this 2 make their deep-dish pizza, cinnamon rolls & garlic bread…

if your volume doesn’t warrant, take a 4-5 oz dough ball…roll to desired length and place on a bread form (ala Subway) or use a 5" round tin…

I’ve done both…spray the tin w/pan release…hand flatten & place in tin…brush w/seasoned oil…you can fit a dozen or so tins on a sheet tray…stack 'em/cover 'em on top of your MM 360’s for a few hours…

then pull 'em down…snip a few cuts in the proofed dough, to help the steam to escape…mist w/H2O & run them thru the oven, 'bout 325/350 for 9-12 minutes…experiment w/the time & temp…

Last edited:
Back