Continue to Site

Pepsi and Coke Fountain Dispensers

I’ve been getting the run around from Coke about not having enough volume to bring in a fountain dispenser, they came back with a lease price of $99 per month for 3 years. I figure i can buy a nice used one alot cheaper. Pepsi had another excuse why they couldn’t do it. The drain was farther away then 6 feet from the machine. The Pepsi rep said it was a health department issue, but the healt department had no issue with it.

So, does anyone have or know of any place besides ebay to get a 6 heard or larger with all the pupms and attachments? There’s a couple on Ebay I’m watching, but i like to have choices.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

Last edited:
Coke tried to charge me the same thing per month when we remodeled to the new place to “establish our volume” and then adjust accordingly. When I got the first bill I called the coke rep and informed her that I should not pay for a machine that sells their product or I will switch to pepsi. I have never gotten a bill since

Last edited:
fireside where are you located we are going through the exact same thing…
I am going to buy my machine off ebay but if you want choices call your local used restauarnt store and tell them you have one that needs service and ask for a reference for a tech…they usually have a line on good equipent CHEAP…if you tell the local store what you actually want he will want to make the call and tax you a finders fee…

Last edited:
Hey Red,

We’re on the west side of Michigan. I think that Pepsi and Coke have just gotten so big they don’t care about the little guy unless you’re projecting a million dollar store or have multiple locations.

Hopefully, other parts of the country are better.

Jim

Last edited:
I know the troubles you are having with coke and pepsi i have been there. They don’t make any money off of us independants and thats why they push the 20 0z bottles and 1 liter bottles. Thats the only way for them to squeeze. I would suggest calling another company for cola products. Seabreaze and rc cola to name a few. The smaller guys would be happy to make a buck off of you

Last edited:
Wow, here in my part of California, I have no problem with my Pepsi distributor.

My sales rep told me that I could get a lightly used 6 spout, but the installer had no problem installing a brand new 8 spout at no charge. They even provided the adapter between their machine and my Hoshizaki icemaker that sits on top (which was a couple hundred bucks according to my icemaker guy).

(My) Pepsi has never squabbled about monthly fees or minimum orders. Nor have they pushed buying bottles. Pepsi calls me once a week and takes an order. If I have enough, they say “ok, we’ll talk to you next week.”

I guess it all depends on the regional distributer and how they want to service their customers. I never felt lucky about it until now.

Last edited:
Thanks Otis,

I was going to buy one from the soda depot, but I found a decent one here in Grand Rapids for only $550. I bought it off ebay, no shipping fees that way.

Last edited:
we stuck with the 20 oz bottles and free cooler BUT our regular supplier will sell em cheaper and we get the 2 lt bottles from a dollars store for 1.09 a bottle coke wants 1.60 a bottle - screw em

Last edited:
Back