Continue to Site

Philly Cheesesteak Meat and Meatballs

indie_pizza

I’ve added several items to my new menu coming out next month. I’m including pizza/sandwich items that use Philly Cheesesteak meat and Meatballs (not together). Right now, my best options from vendors are a precooked Philly Cheesteak meat for about $5.00/lb and meatballs at $2.30/lb.

Has anyone found any more cost effective options? We only have our conveyor oven as a heat source, so our options are limited, although I’m not opposed to using down time in mid afternoon for making from scratch.

Last edited:
Advance makes (and contracts to many distributor labels) a cheesesteak puck that you may like. It is a raw product that comes frozen, and is designed to be grilled/pan fried from frozen and fall apart conveniently when cooking. That said, I use it thawed in several applications. We have a cheeseteak pizza that features it, plus a couple meat-monsters using it as well. I am paying around $3.60/lb raw . . . 48 case of 4 oz portions. Comes in several portion sizes. May be a solution you could use . . . meat on top so it cooks through.

When I first tried them years ago, I contacted Advance, and they sent me some samples . . . your distributor should be able to give you some. Real sirloin beef.

http://www.advf.com/AdvanceWebPage/Bran … CTS,STKEZE

Meatballs could be a little tougher except that you can bake home-made ones off in your oven a little cheaper than the frozen. There are spectacular frozen ones out there these days, and they are just sooooo convenient.

Last edited:
Fontanini makes an Italian Roast beef that is fully cooked top round. I use it for all my beef sandwiches.

They also make what in my opinion are the best meatballs available

Fontanini.com

Last edited:
Back