Continue to Site

pizza box taste

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Hi, does anybody know how to get a thin crust pizza to last longer than 10 mins. in a box before it starts getting the box taste? thanks

sometimes just a sheet of deli paper makes all the difference.

Re: pizza box taste/ Flar Pak
gabbie24:
Hi, does anybody know how to get a thin crust pizza to last longer than 10 mins. in a box before it starts getting the box taste? thanks
good question…
Anybody else see the Flat-Pak concept at Pizza Expo in Las Vegas last month ?

If so, what are your thoughts ?
Anybody using them yet ?

I like the fool proof carrying handle.

here is there web site http://www.flatpakpackaging.com/

Otis

There is no end to what a creative inventor trying to do something cheaper can come up with…RCS…

Last edited:

Otis, I brought several home with is and tested them fight off.
first the bad I didnt like how the plastic stuck to the top of the pizza, it worried me a little, BUT it did not move or distort the toppings and the pizza came out fine, I am not sold on the stackking of these (one on top of the other)
But the pizza did hold the temp! was thinking of using it for pick ups
OTIS did you get a price?

Last edited:

How do they stack? It looks like you would squish the pizzas by stacking.
Tom

Last edited:

there is a cardboard bottom that has 4 corners that extends upward!
I stacked 3 but heres the thing YOU have to be ultra carefull not to slide them because they balance on top of each other.

Last edited:

With a cardboard liner do they not have the same problem of the pizza taking on the taste of the box? Also does the plastic have a vent for the steam to escape?

Last edited:

anybody using that food-grade plastic mesh material…i think it is called dri-pie
www.driepie.com
I am thinking about switching instead of driwax paper
any thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: pizza box taste/ Flat Pak

I have used dri-pie and it is effective, maybe not cost effective,

and Redbarn, I did not get a price on the Flat-Pak…I am under the impression that is less expensive than boxes.

Otis

try http://flatpakpackaging.com/cgi-bin/thatsanorder_LE

They have a sample pak you can buy for $10 to get 3 each of the 16", 14" and 12"

Less expensive is relative I think. If you get just the bags, it is about
16" 14.5 cents each
12" 9.5 cents each
10" 8.5 cents each

Now, if you want the cardboard tray to stabilize the bag and give it some rigidity, the prices are for bag/tray

16" 41 cents each
12" 26 cents each
10" 21 cents each

Would save a few cents each over my boxes. Less space, but the prices above are for their generic print bags. I would want to get customized print, so price would probably jump over my boxes 😦

Last edited:

We use 12 X 10 inch wax pop-ups. very cost effective, tried drie-pie, I wasn’t impressed and it costs way too much.

Last edited:

Hello famous,I have used the pri pie and it does keep the pie dry and crispy but it will cost you .20-.25 cents Ea.Its just one of those hard decisions.Is it worth it?
Good Luck …Niccademo

Last edited:

A division of our company produces the white boxes you find in bakerys and doughnut shops.

Several pizza ingredient distributors are buying substantial volumes of square discs made of that type material and many pizza shops are using them as bottom liners for their pizza boxes.

I believe the product is called chipboard which apparently is cardboard coated on one side, I believe, with clay.

I know little of this phase of our company’s operations but if anyone is interested or has questions I will get more information.
George Mills

Last edited:
Anonymous:
buy better boxes
i posted this in haste
then i read mr mills post,he is correct.you need to buy a better box,one with white coating on the inside,this should help
mr mills,
i would like to say i appreciate every post and response you give to this forum,it is seldom i say anyone is correct…or i appreciate anything…

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 am Post subject: Re: pizza box taste/ Flar Pak

Anonymous wrote:
buy better boxes

i posted this in haste
then i read mr mills post,he is correct.you need to buy a better box,one with white coating on the inside,this should help
mr mills,
i would like to say i appreciate every post and response you give to this forum,it is seldom i say anyone is correct…or i appreciate anything…

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 am Post subject: Re: pizza box taste/ Flar Pak

Anonymous wrote:
buy better boxes

i posted this in haste
mr mills,

Thank you for your kind remarks.
George Mills

Last edited:
Back