Pizza by the Slice Merchandiser... help.

Integraoligist

I’m wanting to get a Pizza by the Slice Merchandiser, but which one is the best to get?

So far i’ve seen,
  1. standard solid heated shelfs
  2. Rotating shelves with a metal grate bottom
  3. Placing the pizza under a UV lamp and putting it back into the oven for a minute.
I do a NY Style Crisp crust…

Ideas?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Those Hatco units look pretty nice, but they are expensive. There are some good deals to be had on them on ebay now and then though. I think there are pros and cons to both dry heat and moist heat, but if you are putting the slice back in the oven to heat it, I think the moist heat might be best. The oven should crisp it up again I would think. I think with dry heat it would probably be best to keep the pie in a box to keep it from drying out too much over time. I am just trying to think it through though as I am not yet open, so I have not dealt with this problem yet either. I hope you find the best solution for your problem. Good luck!

Last edited:
I’m wanting to keep this unit in another section of the resturant, so it would be a pain to run the slice all the way back to the pizza ovens to warm and crisp.

I want to crust to stay nice and crisp but not dry the toppings out…

Other thoughts or ideas anyone?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
unfortunately, I cannot think of a better way than crisping the pizza on a deck oven
I have a small deck oven, Castle Comstock, 19"x22" deck, up to 3 decks, cost little over $1000 and it cooks a good pizza, only about 6 per hour though

in summary, I do not know a holding box that will deliver the quality that the re-heat will,
good luck,

Otis

Sounds like you would be best of with a dry heat unit, and keep the pizza in a box to help it to not dry out. You could maybe use one of those little pizza/pretzel ovens to try and crisp it up. Not ideal but your situation sounds like it limits your options. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back