Pizza for schools

Georgiascp

Now that school is back in session I want to make my rounds to all the schools in our city and pitch our pizza for their events fundraisers etc… thinking about including churches on this list as well (there are a lot of them in our area). My question is price point. For those of you who do this what price point do you have I don’t want to undercut myself but I also want to be the go to place when schools get pizza for their events. We also live in San Clemente and our kids attend one of the elementary schools last year I joined the schools foundation and this year the pta and I donate pizza for free to our school (It’s a small school only 360 kids so it doesn’t break the bank) it is working well getting the word out and people love and are really greatful that we are giving to the school. I can’t give free to everyone but currently I know that most schools either get Costco or the cheap dominoes pickup specials. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BOGO large (16" cut into 8) 1-Topping for churches and schools

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We do larges for around $8 each. The price will drop as low as $7 when they order large amounts.

We sell a fraction of what we used to because of school nutrition requirements.

Last edited:
We sell a fraction of what we used to because of school nutrition requirements.
I’m not interested in doing it for school lunch for this reason just for classroom events fundraisers etc.

How many do they need to order for the price to drop to 7?

Last edited:
As a fundraiser, we offer local schools a card that they sell for $11 and the buyer gets a choice of some things on our menu. The school group gets to keep $4 for each card that they sell. We have cards preprinted at Vistaprint.com. We give them the cards after they collect all of the orders that way no one losses the cards and has to pay for lost cards.
Last year the schools sold a little over 2,000 cards and we get about 70% of them turned in by the people that purchase the cards.

Last edited:
$7 per 14" large pizza is our current target. For something my kids or friends are involved with, I’ll take a hit and offer them for $5. Those prices are when they’re wanting a large or ongoing order. We donate pizzas to one-off events (for non-profit groups, university or community) where they’re just needing to feed volunteers or participants.

Last edited:
I’m not interested in doing it for school lunch for this reason just for classroom events fundraisers etc.

How many do they need to order for the price to drop to 7?

If they order 10 or more pizzas we drop the price to $7.
The nutrition requirement is at all times during school hours. You basically cannot step foot on the school ground with a pizza until the final bell rings.

Last edited:
Back