Continue to Site

pizza in a very small space

jeffsatomic

Greetings all! I am looking at an old FotoMat kiosk to lease. It measures roughly 7 foot by 9 foot. Is it feasible to set up a small pizza stand? I want to offer Square Sicilian slices. Would something like a 27" Double Deck Oven be sufficient, if I am only selling slices? Is there enough space to be making dough, etc, or would it make sense to buy it made, panned and sauced(?) from a restaurant?
The pizza I am envisioning is more like Tomato Pie, more saucy than cheesy. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Last edited:
I’m kind of a “never say never” guy, but I have to admit I don’t know how you’d manage to pull this off. I like your idea, a drive up pizza slice is pretty slick. Good luck with it if you forward, keep us posted. In the way back of my head I’m toying with the notion that IF you have the ability to put up a storage shed kind of thing to store goods, and maybe even a freezer in…well maybe, just maybe.

Someone else might chime in as well, but you might want to get in touch with your local health inspectors and go over your plans with them. Don’t spend time, blood and sweat…and uhm, money only to find out at the inspection that it’s too small, not enough space from here to there etc.

Last edited:
A friend had this trailer that is 7x14 and there are pizza trucks out there Then there was the late Otis Gunn’s Pizza Wheel, but nothing quite as small as what you are looking at. In conclusion you may be able to make it work with the right equipment and layout.

Last edited:
My guess is that looking to buy a dough from a restaurant is a non-starter. As an operator, I want to make my margin on things that we actually produce like dough and the price I would sell to you would make your operation unprofitable. But, all is not lost! look at suppliers like Rich’s for ready made dough that meets your needs: http://richsfoodservice.com/products/pizza

Last edited:
Many, many years ago, I owned a spot that was about 10’ x 12’ in TN that used to a paced called “Hooker’ Hamburgers”…

There is a similar chain called ‘Central Park’ and about all the served, back then, was burgers, fries & coke…

We had a 2-story building with usable storage up top…

That being said…Lost soo much money, it was frightening…

I was across the street from a MickeyD’s and I couldnt giveaway free coffee…

…I lasted maybe 3 months before I pulled the plug…

There’s a place down here that I looked at years ago, kinda like a smaller Checkers/Rally’s…but I never followd thru…

Last edited:
Back