Continue to Site

Pizza Trailer

TexasRookie

Mobile food operations have become a big deal in our part of the world & I was wondering if any of the operators here on PMQ had any experience with Pizza trucks/trailers. We are open pretty late & I think we could do some decent additional business by opening up a slice operation out of a trailer near all the bars in town along with special events & near water attractions in the summer.

I have already checked up on the mobile food permits & the locations will not be a problem. I was looking to see if anyone had any experience building out a mobile kitchen that would be supported by our main store as the “commissary.” I am just now looking into cost, staffing ect. Any past experience or ideas would be of help.

Last edited:
Use some caution here. From 10pm to closing, most drunks in bars aren’t interested in eating.

Last edited:
Try directing your question to “Pizza Paul”. Paul used to have a pizza trailer for a number of years and he has a wealth of information on the concept.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Putting a small shop, or mobile unit near the bars can be great. I couldn’t do a mobile unit, so I opened a tiny spot in the bar area. It has worked out well. The after bar business is messy, but profitable

Last edited:
Not hijack the thread…Hi Otis! Got ya on my mind.

Perhaps you can search his posts…he owned a trailer and was quite successful. Passed away a few years ago.

Last edited:
If you click his name up on the moderater names Otis Gunn you can find his posts there.

Last edited:
Back