Continue to Site

PJs so called better ingredients

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Got a postcard recently from Papa Johns and got quite a kick out of their use of words. The ad is for their new smokehouse bacon and ham pizza. It goes on to describe the toppings and ends with “100% real cheese made from mozzarella”. Whats the made from mozzarella supposed to mean? Are they serving Cheeze Whiz or something(sorry in another life I wanted to be a stand up comic). Now I realize that they are just serving pizza cheese that doesn’t meet the standards to be called mozzarella, but the choice of wording right next to their “Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.” phrase is quite funny.

It is quite possible that they are serving PPCF (pasteurized processed cheese food), which is quite likely 100% cheese, but must be labelled PPCF becasue it is made from “ends and nubs” of fresh whole cheese loaves. They take the bits and make a sort of . . . well you know how ‘american cheese’ is made.

Last edited:
I’ve gotten a kick out of their wording for years…their cheese is “made with 100% real mozzarella”. What the heck does that mean?

Last edited:
60.png
Tpizza:
I’ve gotten a kick out of their wording for years…their cheese is “made with 100% real mozzarella”. What the heck does that mean?
Means he is an absolute brillinat, almost demi-god of marketing. He takes the rules of FDA packaging and naming, and spins them like silk into a marketing campaign that made him wealthy beyond my imagination.

Hate the pizza model, love the results.

Last edited:
its not just PJ’s marketing…remember John started w/a deck oven…he is catering to a market segment that wants a pizza delivered @ a better quality point than perhaps Domino’s & PH…

PH has its share of problems w/quality pies as they have grown…

not all people like a crisp deck cooked pie - like my son…he’s grown up on my version of the perfect pizza…

Last edited:
Back