Continue to Site

Portable Small Pizza Ovens

Fire_Side_Pizza

Does anyone know of a good portable pizza oven? It doesn’t have to be fancy, probably propane. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Not sure how portable you want to go, but you could get a small countertop one off ebay for about $50. What size pizzas are you planning to cook in it. If bigger than 10" that may not work. Hey while you are on here just a quick question, I talked to you awhile back about SOFO as a supplier, what cheese did you get from these guys or did you get your cheese from ROMA??

Last edited:
We own an electric mini pizza oven with two slate cooking shelves. Each shelf can hold a 14" pizza. Something like this: http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/cec … 48727.aspx

We used it to “re-crisp” pizzas we cooked in the store and delivered to events around town. People perceive you to be cooking the pizzas on site and it’s a great draw… especially once some cheese melts onto a stone and you announce your location with smoke signals.

I do not think electric would be good for cooking from scratch in such a tiny oven if that’s what you are looking to do. Much too easy to crash the temperature.

Last edited:
Brad…I am looking to try to do some events, so i would cooking from scratch. I’m not sure what sizes I would do yet. It depends on what I find for an oven.

Last edited:
Hi Fireside

Small is an ambiguous term. When you say portable how much weight can you handle?

Not many, If any, gas portable ovens, most ovens that one person can carry are electric.

George Mills

Last edited:
George…I was looking for something small to be able to put in the back of a truck or a trailer. I didn’t plan on carry it. I’m looking for a different way to get back into the pizza business on my own without forking out a lot of cash.

Last edited:
Those grills are actually a really good idea. And 2 or even 3 would give you the rotation needed and it would look cool too.

Thanks again for the great idea.

Last edited:
Hi Fireside:

I would question if the small ovens shown would meet the NSF requirements if to be used in an operation where pizzas are to be sold to the public. Check that out before you buy anything.

The smallest practical gas fired pizza oven I would consider is something like a bakers pride 151 .
Weight about 800 Lb.

George Mills

Last edited:
If Fireside is doing the festival circuit, a couple of grills cooking super-thin crust personal pies, time will be relatively quick…

There’s nothing ‘magic’ using a Impinger in a trailer environment…

But mimic a wood-fired brick oven…ahh…a different story…folks eat with their eyes…

One person to make the pie & collect the $$$ while the other tends the grill/oven…2.5 minute bake, 3 grills. you could kick out some serious pies…

Use a dough press if desired…wooden peels, a small cooler top, an EZ-Up awning, a portable hand sink, frozen dough, trailer etc & you could be back in biz for less than $10K and if you charged $5 for a simple personal pie…at the right event, a real money maker…

Figure 25 pies/hr (min) @ $5 - 10 hr service = $1,250/day (quite low for festival standards)…

$1 food cost? = decent net…

Last edited:
That’s what I was thinking about Patriot. I would love to be able to do events, but I don’t have the finances to do an oven on a trailer. I was trying to figure out a starting point, then work my way up.

Last edited:
Back