Continue to Site

Portion cups

mrschleg

I am lookingh for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6ounce portion cups pref different colors anyone have any ideas. I am trying to make a portion chart for toppings for my employees. If not what do all of you do about portioning. I weigh my cheese but am not looking to weigh all toppings

Last edited:
it takes training and persistence in training, but an aluminum bowl and a scale always work well. The make staff has to be able to add fractions, which can be problematic. :roll:

Last edited:
Of the toppings we can’t portion by a count like pepperoni or tomato slices, our basic portion is a “scoop.” We use a 1/2-cup for the majority of items and a 1/3-cup for a few that we want to portion a little bit lighter (i.e. - bacon). Our make-line monitor displays the portion control by # of scoops and I have charts for each size of Signature pizza.

For example, the portion for crumbled sausage on a pizza is:
8" pizza - 1 scoop
12" pizza - 2 scoops
14" pizza - 2 + 1/2 scoops
16" pizza - 3 scoops

No need to use a different sized cup for each size of pizza.

It’s a cheap, easy method that generates an okay level of consistency while allowing employees to work fast. I’m not preaching it by any means. Weighing everything would certainly be the most accurate method - one of these summers I’m going to make the switch, reprogram the computers and retrain everyone… one of these years…

Last edited:
Back