Continue to Site

POS LCD Repairs -- My Recommendation

mandyspizza

I have several touchscreen units and some have needed repairs. If you contact Elo they want an arm and a leg to repair these so I did some searching and gotta tell you that I used http://www.lcdrepair.us/contact_us.html

I paid 60.00 to have them repaired and when a new one is 800.00…this was a great deal.

I thought that you guys may find this useful since most of us use POS’s now and these monitors will go bad soon enough.

Steve

Last edited:
You live in Texas, then, right? I love the price . . . but shipping from GA would probably double my cost (round trip). I have found used ones for about $100 when I am searching for one.

Last edited:
48.png
pizzapirate:
Great timely post. Was preparing to send mine into Elo. Thanks!
me too, but thankfully mine is still under warranty

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack, but we use keyboards and mice with $75 lcds. My staff really wants touchscreens. Anyone gone from mouse/keyboard to touchscreens? Is it a substantial increase in order entry speed?

Last edited:
My Monitor went down a week ago, and i’m waiting for a new ELO.

The mouse & keyboard is a lot SLOWER!

Last edited:
Amen! My server is probably 5 to 10 times faster with touch than with mouse/keyboard.

You are putting TWO tools in the system (kb/mouse) between the user and the data rather than straight touch. Much more ergonomically efficient unless they have visual issues. My server does like a keyboard for number entry, but that is more comfort than efficiency.

Last edited:
Over the last 12 years I have pretty much always been able to buy closeout models of ELO screens on eBay for $60- $80 each. I have purchased a few for less than $50. I have never paid over $120. Heck with fixing them! when I get down to no spares and another one goes bad, I buy 3 on ebay and get a good deal on them for maybe $150 to $200 and I am set for another few years.

Last edited:
48.png
mandyspizza:
I have several touchscreen units and some have needed repairs. If you contact Elo they want an arm and a leg to repair these so I did some searching and gotta tell you that I used http://www.lcdrepair.us/contact_us.html

I paid 60.00 to have them repaired and when a new one is 800.00…this was a great deal.

I thought that you guys may find this useful since most of us use POS’s now and these monitors will go bad soon enough.

Steve
After seeing this post I purchased 2 refurbished ELO 1529L’s from LCD Repair ( http://www.lcdrepair.us/Elo1529L.html ) for $125 each.

When the box arrived, I found 2 ELO 1525L’s in the box, not 1529L’s. Different monitor, much older - could be 5 years older. Stand is totally different and monitor sit much higher than a 1529, and won’t fit where I need to put them.

Attempted to contact them via telephone for a couple of days without answer. Tried 2 different email addresses, also without answer.

Finally opened a paypal dispute - answered within an hour with only “1525L are an equivilent model. If they will not work just return for a full refund.”. Nothing else.

I responded asking if they were willing to pay for return shipping - no answer. Tried again, no answer.

No explanation of why they would specifically say they are selling 1529’s, show pictures and specifications of 1529’s - only to ship 1525’s and say they are the same thing, when they are obviously not.
:x :cry:

Last edited:
Back