POS suggestions

Randim

For the past few months we’ve been looking at POS systems for our pizzeria; 65 seat, dine-in, take-out. Looked at Revel, Touch Bistro and the latest, Thrive!. Liked Thrive, but the price was high and after seeing reviews on here, I’m scared.

After looking at Revel and Touch Bistro, it seemed like iPads are the way to go, but now I’m not so sure.

I have a few questions and all input is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone used Touch Bistro? Seems like a nice system, albeit not necessarily “pizza” based.

If you’re using a windows-based system/PC are servers entering orders at a fixed terminal? I’m afraid we’d have a mutiny if everyone is hand writing an order and then getting in line to enter it in the terminal.

Do you prefer kitchen printer or screen?

Do you prefer buying outright or leasing?

Thanks so much. I had hoped to have this in place by the time our busy season starts, but it’s far more involved than I’d anticipated.

Randi
Gianni’s Pizza
Hudson, Fl

Last edited:
For the past few months we’ve been looking at POS systems for our pizzeria; 65 seat, dine-in, take-out. Looked at Revel, Touch Bistro and the latest, Thrive!. Liked Thrive, but the price was high and after seeing reviews on here, I’m scared.

After looking at Revel and Touch Bistro, it seemed like iPads are the way to go, but now I’m not so sure.

I have a few questions and all input is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone used Touch Bistro? Seems like a nice system, albeit not necessarily “pizza” based.

If you’re using a windows-based system/PC are servers entering orders at a fixed terminal? I’m afraid we’d have a mutiny if everyone is hand writing an order and then getting in line to enter it in the terminal.

Do you prefer kitchen printer or screen?

Do you prefer buying outright or leasing?

Thanks so much. I had hoped to have this in place by the time our busy season starts, but it’s far more involved than I’d anticipated.

Randi
Gianni’s Pizza
Hudson, Fl
Speedline is awesome. We’ve been a customer for 3 years now, two locations. Please direct message me if you’d like more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AVOID THRIVE!!! I have a friend that does installations for Grandbury. Says the software is full of bugs and tech support is poor.
I’m not familiar with Touch Bistro. I would recommend Speedline Solutions, followed by Revention. Both are solid products. Speedline has a few advantages. First, their support teach will take time to train you if desired. Second, they don’t rope you into one online ordering company. They have several certified online ordering companies that integrate with their POS system. This allows you to negotiate better rates. Same with the integrated credit card processing.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. [email protected]

Last edited:
Randi…Point of Success is the way to go…I’m local if you want more info…
I contacted them, they called, but never sent their quote. I’ll be in touch because I think I need to talk to someone who uses the software. Thanks.

Last edited:
AVOID THRIVE!!! I have a friend that does installations for Grandbury. Says the software is full of bugs and tech support is poor.
I’m not familiar with Touch Bistro. I would recommend Speedline Solutions, followed by Revention. Both are solid products. Speedline has a few advantages. First, their support teach will take time to train you if desired. Second, they don’t rope you into one online ordering company. They have several certified online ordering companies that integrate with their POS system. This allows you to negotiate better rates. Same with the integrated credit card processing.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. [email protected]
Thank you Kevin. I will look in to Speedline.

Do you have an opinion about Apple versus Windows based systems?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you Kevin. I will look in to Speedline.

Do you have an opinion about Apple versus Windows based systems?

Thank you.
Speedline is great. We operate on Windows and haven’t had a single problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Regarding Apple vs Windows. It depends on your personal comfort level. In the tablet and phone world, the iOS (Apple) systems currently dominate. In the desktop computer world, Windows is the way to go. Personally, I would say pick the software and provider you want to work with and go with their recommendation. Your most important objective is for the system to work smoothly and to get quick support when it doesn’t.

Last edited:
Back