Possible franchise opportunity

jerseydevil1977

I know it might be a long shot, but the only shots you regret in life are the ones you don’t take. I’m a manager at an independent pizzeria in North Texas. I have been here for going on 6 years and am wondering if any owners would be wanting to expand into North Texas around the Dallas area. I have wanted to run my own shop for about three years now and I feel I am ready. I know Point of Success in and out and am excellent with numbers. I am also great with guests. Any thoughts, suggestions or offers are appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So are you asking for someone to put up the capital for a shop for you to run?

Last edited:
So are you asking for someone to put up the capital for a shop for you to run?
Good morning, Daddio. I would be open to that possibility as well, though I am also open to a franchising opportunity. I am most familiar with deck ovens and new york style pizza. I am also the person currently in control of the website, grubhub menu and social media for my current employer, so I am experienced with that as well. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
Can you tell us a little about your market in North Texas … the demographics; population, income levels, age distribution, major employers, etc. Also, is getting a full liquor license a big deal there? And finally, when you say “franchise”, are you financially in a position to fund a complete buildout of a new place? No need to provide detail here, a simple “yes, I have ample resources to pull this off” will do. You sound like you have paid your dues and have confidence that you can run a profitable business … and this is a good place to start looking forward.

Last edited:
Can you tell us a little about your market in North Texas … the demographics; population, income levels, age distribution, major employers, etc. Also, is getting a full liquor license a big deal there? And finally, when you say “franchise”, are you financially in a position to fund a complete buildout of a new place? No need to provide detail here, a simple “yes, I have ample resources to pull this off” will do. You sound like you have paid your dues and have confidence that you can run a profitable business … and this is a good place to start looking forward.
I live in Lewisville, which is a suburb of Dallas. It is situated between Dallas to the south and Denton to the north. The area is quite saturated but there is expansion happening in the neighboring town and on the outskirts of our City, so I believe there is still room for competition if the competition is on point. The demographics vary depending on what area of the city we are talking about but the majority is young families with the median age being between 30 - 55. Average median income is around 100,000. We have several richer areas around us. We have a 6 mile radius around our store for a delivery area and we touch 9 different cities and towns in that radius. Many of these are underserved. Where I currently work is centralized but heavily saturated. We are surviving with 6 competitors within a mile of our doors, the majority of them being chains with higher visibility and deeper pockets. A full liquor license is something that my current employer is not interested in getting. License is pricey but worth it. I am TABC certified to serve, personally and have worked with alcohol in other venues. I have good credit but have not tried to go for a small business loan. Not sure if I would qualify or not. The area is highly competitive, but not impossible. Social media plays a bigger role than my current boss wants to invest in. I believe someone who has a system in place could easily dominate the market.

Last edited:
I live in Lewisville, which is a suburb of Dallas. It is situated between Dallas to the south and Denton to the north. The area is quite saturated but there is expansion happening in the neighboring town and on the outskirts of our City, so I believe there is still room for competition if the competition is on point. The demographics vary depending on what area of the city we are talking about but the majority is young families with the median age being between 30 - 55. Average median income is around 100,000. We have several richer areas around us. We have a 6 mile radius around our store for a delivery area and we touch 9 different cities and towns in that radius. Many of these are underserved. Where I currently work is centralized but heavily saturated. We are surviving with 6 competitors within a mile of our doors, the majority of them being chains with higher visibility and deeper pockets. A full liquor license is something that my current employer is not interested in getting. License is pricey but worth it. I am TABC certified to serve, personally and have worked with alcohol in other venues. I have good credit but have not tried to go for a small business loan. Not sure if I would qualify or not. The area is highly competitive, but not impossible. Social media plays a bigger role than my current boss wants to invest in. I believe someone who has a system in place could easily dominate the market.

Where you from in Jersey? If you’re a Giants fan don’t bother responding…😉

Last edited:
We opened 3 years ago with 25k to our name and it all went into the pizzeria. We found a great space that was a former pizzeria in the 3rd wealthiest zip code in Northern Nevada and centrally located in Reno. The rent is low and with my wife and I working all hours it keeps labor down. Also with limited toppings our waste is under $30 a week. No advertising, no delivery, no booze, no TV, no WIFI, no specials, no coupons, very limited hours and limited menu. We are doing great and making much more money than I did as a public school teacher of 23 years with a masters degree… Make a great pizza and it will shine. Make mediocre pies and you will eternally struggle with keeping up with the other mediocre shops. I am amazed at how many people go into this business with very little skill in the art of pizza. I make all the pies, and supervise/participate in all the other food/dough preps. My wife mans the register and books. Our employees are young ( a one retired) part timers that I train from scratch and earn more $ than they could in any entry level job. Our concept is for sale and for someone wanting to make a nice living and retain the old school mom/pop concept from a guy with 6 decades of pizza under its belt it is a cool thing. Walter

Last edited:
We opened 3 years ago with 25k to our name and it all went into the pizzeria. We found a great space that was a former pizzeria in the 3rd wealthiest zip code in Northern Nevada and centrally located in Reno. The rent is low and with my wife and I working all hours it keeps labor down. Also with limited toppings our waste is under $30 a week. No advertising, no delivery, no booze, no TV, no WIFI, no specials, no coupons, very limited hours and limited menu. We are doing great and making much more money than I did as a public school teacher of 23 years with a masters degree… Make a great pizza and it will shine. Make mediocre pies and you will eternally struggle with keeping up with the other mediocre shops. I am amazed at how many people go into this business with very little skill in the art of pizza. I make all the pies, and supervise/participate in all the other food/dough preps. My wife mans the register and books. Our employees are young ( a one retired) part timers that I train from scratch and earn more $ than they could in any entry level job. Our concept is for sale and for someone wanting to make a nice living and retain the old school mom/pop concept from a guy with 6 decades of pizza under its belt it is a cool thing. Walter
I love the business model. The fact that you built a cause into your business model is both genius, and shows that you truly care about the people in your community. Also the hours of operation are smart as well, being open during peak hours only. I can’t hold a candle to the amount of experience you have. I can hope to have that some day. The only experience I own is the 6 years in the trenches with my current employer. It’s the only way I know.

Last edited:
I love the business model. The fact that you built a cause into your business model is both genius, and shows that you truly care about the people in your community. Also the hours of operation are smart as well, being open during peak hours only. I can’t hold a candle to the amount of experience you have. I can hope to have that some day. The only experience I own is the 6 years in the trenches with my current employer. It’s the only way I know.

Thanks. Growing up 15 minutes outside NYC and with a mother from Italy I was blessed to be introduced to great food from birth. People are longing for the old mom/pop concept where they are known and a part of the pizzeria family. Most come in early to pick up their pies just to hang out. They say it is relaxing to get out of the techno rush of today. We are lucky to have created our own universe in todays crazy world. Our customers like us and we like them. We don’t get the jerk type customers. The energy of our shop is not attractive to them. We believe it is our moral duty to help those that never asked to be born unable to compete in the adult world. Follow you heart not your head and life becomes a wonderful experience. Walter

Last edited:
Thanks. Growing up 15 minutes outside NYC and with a mother from Italy I was blessed to be introduced to great food from birth. People are longing for the old mom/pop concept where they are known and a part of the pizzeria family. Most come in early to pick up their pies just to hang out. They say it is relaxing to get out of the techno rush of today. We are lucky to have created our own universe in todays crazy world. Our customers like us and we like them. We don’t get the jerk type customers. The energy of our shop is not attractive to them. We believe it is our moral duty to help those that never asked to be born unable to compete in the adult world. Follow you heart not your head and life becomes a wonderful experience. Walter
I love all of this. I believe I have it in my heart to do something like this. I tried using the restaurant I work for as a springboard to help people in the community a couple months back. But at the end of the day it’s not my product to give away and it’s not my business to do with as I please. The owner wasn’t against it, necessarily, but I also know it’s not his business dynamic. I grew up in the Northeast as well I grew up in South Jersey and into an Italian family. I can make a mean spaghetti sauce. It’s an honor talking to you and learning about what you do. I think you have it right.

Last edited:
Thanks and I am a fellow Jersey boy - Belleville and South Orange. It has taken about 30 years to bring our idea to reality. I understand your situation. I taught special education in public schools for 23 years and convinced administration to let me create and run working pizza/bakeries. I was continually being reeled in by my superiors and although it was all my creation it was not my shop. The good news is I had 23 years to experiment and hone my recipes and ability to run/manage a working business. The transition to us owning a shop was pretty seamless due to those years of no financial worrying and running a business out of my classroom. Timing is everything. We found a space that just needed elbow grease and had all the right hook ups for pizza including lots of gas volume for the old Blodgett deck ovens. I had most of the equipment and we moved blindly to Reno. We are blessed to have more employees than we need and they all are 5 star souls. Keep the faith that all is where it is suppose to be right now and when the time is right your space will appear. 🙂 Walter

Last edited:
Thanks and I am a fellow Jersey boy - Belleville and South Orange. It has taken about 30 years to bring our idea to reality. I understand your situation. I taught special education in public schools for 23 years and convinced administration to let me create and run working pizza/bakeries. I was continually being reeled in by my superiors and although it was all my creation it was not my shop. The good news is I had 23 years to experiment and hone my recipes and ability to run/manage a working business. The transition to us owning a shop was pretty seamless due to those years of no financial worrying and running a business out of my classroom. Timing is everything. We found a space that just needed elbow grease and had all the right hook ups for pizza including lots of gas volume for the old Blodgett deck ovens. I had most of the equipment and we moved blindly to Reno. We are blessed to have more employees than we need and they all are 5 star souls. Keep the faith that all is where it is suppose to be right now and when the time is right your space will appear. 🙂 Walter
Thank you. That means a great deal to me right now. That is my exact situation right now. I’m not afraid to take chances but I also don’t hold the purse strings. I constantly get reeled in, while being given the sense of control. You’re probably right that I just need to be patient.

Last edited:
Back