Continue to Site

Post-it Notes?

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Have any of you ever used Post-it Notes as Boxtoppers or Doorhangers? I’ve heard that they have worked really well for people. It makes sense, people can peel them off and stick them somewhere to use them again instead of a flyer that just gets set loose on a counter and then gets lost. The company that I’m going to get them through will give a discount on your first order, but just looking to hear a couple more good reviews before I go ahead with them.

They work great for stick on coupons, however, the various brands have different sticky stuff…The ones that I have sold and had the best results with are 3M and Bic…Some of the generic brands have less stick and you should be sure to get samples for testing before you go ahead…Generic are cheaper but you get what you pay for…

Bic has several sizes on sale right now…
http://www.bicgraphic.com/servlet/Onlin … 0000:73000

You shoukld be able to order these through your current promotional products distributor or i could help you…

…RCS…

Last edited:
I received some samples from Bic. The Bic Notes did not stick at all. They fell off my pizza boxes if I moved them too quick, and I left one on my door and it fell off in a few hours. :shock:

I got some samples from another company that worked really well. I’m going to go with them for sure- their notes have a stronger adhesive and the test note stuck to everything for days!! They’ll do my art too for free which is nice!

I’m just looking to see what results people are having.

Here’s one of the best ideas that we’ve used(stolen idea from pizza expo many years ago). Yellow 5" long, 3" tall post it notes made to look like UPS slips. Bold Large headline “Sorry We Missed You”. This is your pizza driver from XYZ pizza shop, and we have a deal thats so special, I was sent to hand deliver it to you. Redeem this coupon for _________________ for only $XX.99. The key is getting their interest up front, which is the why you make it look like a UPS note. Tried a similar idea that didn’t go over very well. Made a doorhanger that resembled our power companies notice that they put on your door if your power gets cut off. Headlined [b]Important Final Notice[/b]. Got more complaints from 5000 of these than I have from tens of thousands of other doorhangers.

Last edited:
A local gym made up flyers that looked like City of Chicago parking tickets. They didn’t put them on every car, just about one out of five so it wasn’t obvious that it was an ad. I saw one on my car as I walked toward it one morning, cursed while I yanked it from under the wiper, and realized it was fake only when I turned it over. The first line of the ad was “Need to work off some aggression?”.

Post-it Notes ?
60.png
paul7979:
… Tried a similar idea that didn’t go over very well. Made a doorhanger that resembled our power companies notice that they put on your door if your power gets cut off. Headlined [b]Important Final Notice[/b]. Got more complaints from 5000 of these than I have from tens of thousands of other doorhangers.
OMG! :lol: I’m sure that you were disappointed that it didn’t work but that’s one of the funniest marketing stories I’ve heard of. I needed that.

Last edited:
I’ve used Post-it Notes. They worked out very well! The first week that I put them out as boxtoppers (maybe used 500 that week) we got about a hundred back! That is a really good response for us.

I had a different note made up to use as doorhangers to try to bring in new customers. We put a business lunch special and stuck them on offices downtown. Those also had a great response! I’ve ordered a couple times and will definately keep going back for more!!

I have two restaurants. We had Post-its done and- They Worked!

Nate, it sounds like you are going through NoteAds, the same company that we went through. They did the art for both locations free, too. The art turned out great.

We did an agressive coupon to try to drive in sales.
Like Lab Rat mentioned, we also put ours on cars. We did them in a nearby mall parking lot.

Make sure u get good a stronger sticky!!

I got notes once, and to save a little cash I just got bick or something like that, but the notes didnt stick and I ended up throwing them away.

I got them reprinted by a different place cuz I really liked the idea. The ones I got were special 3M stickies. I think they were called Super Stick brand or something. As soon as the notes stuck, they worked. They were only like 300 bucks or something, and really worth it.

Make sure ur coupon looks fun! 😛

Nate -
DO THESE! Wow! They really helped our end of the year sales last year.
The printers made the art for us, and we got a discount. It was really cost effective for the amount of new business it brought in. We mostly used them as doorhangers, but used the left overs as boxtoppers. I’ve got about 1,000 left, and once I’m out, I’m going to get more.

Who were you guys ordering your post-its from, what were you paying and for what quantity and what size?
Tom -
I will have to look up who we got our notes from… We got about 5 thousand notes. They were 4x4 size and were about $300 total.

Just to say - I found this forum on accident by clicking a link on the e-mail you sent out today and I LOVE IT! It’s already being helpful! Thanks PMQ for giving us this blog community!

Quote:
Who were you guys ordering your post-its from, what were you paying and for what quantity and what size?
Tom -
I will have to look up who we got our notes from… We got about 5 thousand notes. They were 4x4 size and were about $300 total.

Just to say - I found this forum on accident by clicking a link on the e-mail you sent out today and I LOVE IT! It’s already being helpful! Thanks PMQ for giving us this blog community!

I checked the invoice. The company is Note Ads. Their number is 1-800-309-7502. The total for the invoice with shipping came to $317.50 including shipping. We had 2-colors printed. 5000 notes (which I think is the minimum)

Hope this helps!

Hey Everyone -
Thanks for all the feedback. NoteAds finished my art and sent me a proof, I am really happy with it. I went ahead and placed the order, so I’ll check in when I get them to let you know how they turn out… I’ll have them in about a week! 😃

Thanks again for taking the time to give me some ideas and share your results!
  • Nate

As promised, I’m posting now that I have my post-its…
The notes look really nice. But better is the results that we are seeing. We’ve been putting them on our boxes, and when my shop’s slow, I’m having staff go out and put them on cars near the store (LabRat- thanks for the idea). We get a lot back that we put on cars, people drive buy and decide to use their coupon. The coupon is simple. Large 1 Topping Pizza for $7.99. Can be used for up to 10 pizzas.
Have had a few people that ordered pizza for their house for delivery, then bring the note back and order pizzas for their office lunches later in the week.

I’m going to more of these, for sure. I think I’ll do a “Study Special” and have my staff stick them on dorm room doors. Any ideas on wording for my “Study Special”? Free 2 liter? Garlic Knots? Or just a bunch of pizzas cheap like my last note?

Back