Continue to Site

Profit Margin.....Hoagies

we do an 8inch hoggie that sells for $6.99 we have about 15 different ones but they average about $1.50 in food cost with our philly being arount $2.25

Last edited:
we do a buffalo chicken…a teriyaki chickeen … a BBQ chicken …and a chicken bacon melt…we currently have been experimenting with fried chicken and white gravy but haven’t put it on the menu yet

Last edited:
the chicken (meat) the real word was ridiculously censored by the web police I have used for 15 years are 5 ounces at a cost of 1.50. ALL real chickn (the front of the bird) not pressed and formed how can you serve a chicken hoagie at 1.50 food cost.

Last edited:
we use pierce boneless breaded wings…deep fry them up and then slice them and add to the sub…it runs me $45.00 for 15lbs just under a dollar for 5oz’s

Last edited:
FYI - no such creature as “bone-less” wings…that’s just chicken pieces/parts…I’m sure they’re ok…I’m buying fresh boneless tenders for $1.65/# - can’t beat 'em…$.062/6 oz. portion…

Last edited:
48.png
mandyspizza:
Hey Guys…

What is everyone selling their 12" subs for and what is their food cost.
We sell our 12" for 8.75. We do hot sandwiches only: cheesesteak, grilled chicken boobie with food cost (including packaging) of just below 30%, depending on weekly pricing. Meatball and a gyro-inspired one get a 25-27% COGS at same selling price. Fried chicken finger sandwiches hit about 28-29% COGS with cheese, lettuce and tomato.

Our 6" sell for $5 apiece with a better COGS ranging from 24% to 27%.

Last edited:
Back