Continue to Site

Purveyor Pricing

LittleMissPizza

Hi All,

After a nice little vacation, I’m back in the swing of things here at the shop and in my rejuvenated state I am tackling some things that have been on my to do list. Since purveyors are notorious for sneaky price increases, I am trying to find them best way to track prices with our different purveyors. Currently, I use a spreadsheet that has all of the food products we use with different columns for each purveyor and periodically, I go through each item and insert the current price and highlight the best price, I find this to be perhaps more laborious than it needs to be.

Is there an easier way that you all have found to do this?

Any special ways you have found to make this process less time consuming?

Look forward to hearing from you all, it’s good to be back!

Last edited:
  1. Insist that your reps email you the prices weekly BEFORE you have to do your orders.
  2. Don’t bother with weekly tracking on stuff you hardly ever buy so you do not have to spend time updating those lines. Just check the prices when you need to order. For example, food prep gloves, foil liners, plastic wrap, mop heads, dried spices etc etc
  3. Set up your spread sheet with calculations built in to “same-size” the items so you do not have to do that manually each week. By doing this, you just enter the price from each vendor.
We set up our sheet with a boolian logic field that compares the “same-size” prices and reads out which vendor to buy from. (boolian logic = if/then statements) so for example, =IF(C4>B4,sysco,usfood)

Last edited:
Thanks Bodega! Any chance you would be willing to share your spreadsheet with me? I’m not all that proficient in Excel!

Last edited:
Back