Continue to Site

Question about POS & Stealing in a Sit-Down Restaurant

Integraoligist

Ok, I was planning on converting my small fast-food style restaurant into a large sit-down Chili’s style restaurant.

Now I use Diamond Touch POS (everyone calm down) and have been working with the “table seatingâ€

Last edited:
Re: Question about POS & Stealing in a Sit-Down Restaura

You can’t control who can deduct items from tickets? Troubling.

Last edited:

You can go to your reports in dt and it will tell if there was any adjustments made after a ticket was sent thru… Go to reports, ticket detail, event log, and it will tell you “edit to a lower value”.

Last edited:

Is there not some kind of security level setting for different levels of your staff? You should be able to program it so that only staff with a level 4 (or whatever number) or higher can remove items from a ticket that has already been sent.

Last edited:

thanks all, i found it… it was a security level. They can now make the ticket, then once it prints can not subtract any food, but will still be able to add.

For those of you have have Diamond Touch, in the security level settings… what does “Transfer Ticket” security do? and what is the purpose of the “Change Owner” security, i know that once a person creates a ticket, and another goes to open that persons ticket, it asks if you would like to change the owner of the ticket… but i’m not sure why this is a security feature?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
60.png
Integraoligist:
thanks all, i found it… it was a security level. They can now make the ticket, then once it prints can not subtract any food, but will still be able to add.

For those of you have have Diamond Touch, in the security level settings… what does “Transfer Ticket” security do? and what is the purpose of the “Change Owner” security, i know that once a person creates a ticket, and another goes to open that persons ticket, it asks if you would like to change the owner of the ticket… but i’m not sure why this is a security feature?

Thanks all!
That means if I took an order in the back under my name, then the customer picks it up in the front computer using another employees name, it will ask them if they want to transfer it from my name in the back to her name in the front.

Last edited:

If just anyone can change the ownership of a ticket then a naughty server could transfer his or her tickets to some other server. This of course would be done after they have already pocketed the money from the sale. If nobody was really paying any attention then this server could transfer a ticket here, and a ticket there, and they would make a nice little extra chunk of change every day.

Last edited:

steveo922,
So “Transfer Ticket” allows Server A to take an order on register A… but when the customer arrives, Server B pulls up the ticket on Register B and then it would ask if “Would you like to change Owners”… If you hit NO, then Server B can still cash the ticket out under Server A’s name. If you hit YES, the name on the ticket will change to Server B and then cashs it out. But reguardless the ticket is cashed out… so whats the point?

PIZZAMAGOO
I’m not sure how a “bad” server could transfer tickets to other servers… once the bad server is logged-in she can only transfer her name (or ticket i guess) to her own name. as far as i know… am i wrong?

Last edited:

come to think of it… the only time i have ever seen the question “would you like to Transfer the Ticket” is when i’m cashing credit card slips out on a diffrent register then it was originally taken. Other then that, when else would it ask?

Last edited:

If the ‘bad’ server transfers tickets to his/her name, and the customer pays by credit card and leaves a tip, that tip will go to the bad server at the end of the night. We leave all CC tips in the drawer and cash out the server at the end of the night.

Last edited:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes sence.

So other then credit cards… Transfer Tickets and Change Owner are’nt usefull?

Last edited:

Well really I dont know what the point would be for servers, as I do not have servers or a dining room. I’m pretty sure someone would know if a “bad” server transfered it to someone else becuase they would know when they checked out and didn’t make very much money.

But if I took a pickup order on my back computer under my name, then someone else goes to recall it for whatever reason, it will ask them if they want to transfer.

Last edited:

hmm, in that situation, my system only asks it I would like to “Change Owners”, not transfer the ticket.

Last edited:

Changing ownership of a ticket pertains to the order entry & cash out functions of DT.

Transferring Tickets is changing a delivery order from one driver to an
other.

Both can be controlled by the Security Levels you looked at earlier.

Last edited:
Changing ownership of a ticket pertains to the order entry & cash out functions of DT.
But why is the question presented? If one person takes the order, it’s their ticket… if someone else cashs them out, they can decide wether or not to put their own name on the ticket or not. I dont see the point in this.
other.
How do you figure this?

Last edited:
60.png
Integraoligist:
But why is the question presented? If one person takes the order, it’s their ticket… if someone else cashs them out, they can decide wether or not to put their own name on the ticket or not. I dont see the point in this.
other.
How do you figure this?
If I’m not badly mistaken, that’s the only ticket transfer there is. It is there so that if a driver clocks out on the wrong delivery, you can remove the ticket from one driver and give it to the correct driver. I’ll double check this in the morning when I get to my store. If I’m wrong, I’ll let you know the correct answer.

Last edited:

How does it track beverages? I used to be a server, and was taught quite a few tricks that I may or may not have tried 10 years ago.

If the server has the ability to split the checks. This situation is possible. Group of 4 orders pizza and 4 sodas. They pay in cash. A check is presented for this table correctly.

Server splits check and puts pizza on a separate check. Cashes this check out. They now have a check for 4 sodas that someone has paid for.

New table sits down, orders a pizza and four sodas. Server adds pizza to the soda ticket from earlier. Presents check. They pay in cash OR credit card. Sever cashes them out. Server just pocketed the money from 4 sodas.

Beverage floating can add up to a lot of money at the end of the night with a 4 or 5 table section and 4 or 5 table turns.

Last edited:
If I’m not badly mistaken, that’s the only ticket transfer there is. It is there so that if a driver clocks out on the wrong delivery, you can remove the ticket from one driver and give it to the correct driver. I’ll double check this in the morning when I get to my store. If I’m wrong, I’ll let you know the correct answer.
Unless I have a diffrent version of DT then you, the only way for a ticket to be removed off of a Drivers tally is for the Manager to come in. On my system the Manager would have to log in, go to the drivers screen, go to the drivers info, select the ticket, and remove the ticket… then that perticular ticket would show back up on the community list to be selected and taken by another driver.
What version are you running?

Scott Hack, that situation i’m going to have to write down and test my self because thats frekin confusing! lol

Last edited:

Even the most flexible POS is never going to be able to to stop all of this kind of theft for example the customer comes in to pick up his order and the employee doesn’t key the bottle of pop into the POS and pockets the cash etc.

For this reason , IMO you need a few things 1) make sure ALL order alterations/reassignments need a manager password (and yes change the password frequently) 2) your POS prints some for of alteration report so you review and discuss this with your manager 3) you do regular (ideally daily) inventory and 4) have cctv.

You will never stop staff theft but having a range of solutions will almost certainly alert you to problems sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Go to setup then go to employees then go to security levels there you will find change ownership and transfer ticket change the number on the righthand side of them after you set the numbers to what you want then go to each employee security level and set there number to what level you want them to have hope this will help

Last edited:
Back