Continue to Site

Questions about portions, costs and prices.

wizarddrummer

Hi all,

I have several related questions that I hope to get answers to.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
Stay on topic for this thread.
ALL OF THE QUESTIONS have a simple answer; a Dollar amount or weight.

PLEASE; I don’t want details or long explanations 🙂 Make it easy on yourselves when responding; simple, brief answers will help me much more than long, elaborate answers.

These questions are for everyone; enthusiasts and owners…

What is your geographic location? (State or Country)

Are you a home Pizza enthusiast or a business owner?

IN your geographic location, how much does it cost you to make ONE 14" Cheese Pizza with sauce and Mozzarella Cheese?
(PLEASE DO NOT ITEMIZE; NO EXTRA INGREDIENTS; Just the cost of a simple Cheese pizza)
Simply your total cost to make ONE 14" Cheese Pizza.

IN your geographic location what is the AVERAGE PRICE of a 14" Cheese Pizza?

I read Tom Lenmann’s excellent article on how to compute dough ball sizes. That’s fine if you have a dough density factor to work with. I don’t have a density factor.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE PORTION AMOUNTS:
(PLEASE; KEEP IT SIMPLE; AVERAGE amounts; PLEASE don’t give me lots of extra information I just need weights)

What is the AVERAGE weight of a Dough Ball for:
12" Pizza
14" Pizza
16" Pizza

Average Number of oz of Sauce:
12" Pizza
14" Pizza
16" Pizza

Average Number of oz of Cheese:
12" Pizza
14" Pizza
16" Pizza

IN your geographic area:
How much do you pay for Mozzarella Cheese?

IN your geographic area:
How much do you pay for standard High Gluten flour.
(*** PLEASE; nothing special like Caputo, or 00 or any other specialty flour)

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
What is your geographic location? (State or Country)Canada

Are you a home Pizza enthusiast or a business owner?

IN your geographic location, how much does it cost you to make ONE 14" Cheese Pizza with sauce and Mozzarella Cheese? $3.10

12" Pizza 14 oz

12" Pizza 2 oz

12" Pizza 6 0z

How much do you pay for Mozzarella Cheese? $4.60/lb ($10/kg)

How much do you pay for standard High Gluten flour. $16.40/20kg (44lbs)

Last edited:
What is your geographic location? (State or Country) Japan

Are you a home Pizza enthusiast or a business owner? owner

IN your geographic location, how much does it cost you to make ONE 14" Cheese Pizza with sauce and Mozzarella Cheese?
(PLEASE DO NOT ITEMIZE; NO EXTRA INGREDIENTS; Just the cost of a simple Cheese pizza)
Simply your total cost to make ONE 14" Cheese Pizza. 250 yen

IN your geographic location what is the AVERAGE PRICE of a 14" Cheese Pizza? 2,000 yen

I read Tom Lenmann’s excellent article on how to compute dough ball sizes. That’s fine if you have a dough density factor to work with. I don’t have a density factor.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THESE PORTION AMOUNTS:
(PLEASE; KEEP IT SIMPLE; AVERAGE amounts; PLEASE don’t give me lots of extra information I just need weights)

12" Pizza 355 grams
14" Pizza 480 grams
16" Pizza

12" Pizza 50 grams
14" Pizza 65 grams
16" Pizza

12" Pizza 150 grams
14" Pizza 200 grams
16" Pizza

IN your geographic area:
How much do you pay for Mozzarella Cheese? 900 yen/kg

IN your geographic area:
How much do you pay for standard High Gluten flour. 330 yen/kg
(*** PLEASE; nothing special like Caputo, or 00 or any other specialty flour)

Last edited:
48.png
wizarddrummer:
Fantastic!!!
Thank you so much for these answers.

@Daddio how much does a pizza cost in your area of Canada?
I did not answer that question because the price variance is far too great to make a good judgment. The range is from $6 to $20 for a 14" Basic cheese pizza.

Last edited:
230_2.png
Daddio:
48.png
wizarddrummer:
Fantastic!!!
Thank you so much for these answers.

@Daddio how much does a pizza cost in your area of Canada?
I did not answer that question because the price variance is far too great to make a good judgment. The range is from $6 to $20 for a 14" Basic cheese pizza.
Thanks! I live in Mexico. It is really great to see how the prices vary from different parts of the world.

Mexicans are a culture / world unto themselves. Right next to the USA but as third world as it gets. Similar to places in Africa.

I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head, at this moment, how much a 14" pie costs here. Like everything else, they change everything that’s Western World Origin into something weird.

For example, hamburgers become giant Flying Saucers with HUGE buns and a super thin piece of meat that’s over cooked with lots of lettuce and tomatoes. Where’s the beef? And, the hot dogs are the worst i’ve ever had on the planet. They can’t import hot dogs from the USA cause they don’t allow ground beef products; they’re worried about mad cow disease. Somebody forgot to tell these goofballs that hot dogs, that come in the package, are pre COOKED.

Locally, they make the worst Pizza I’ve ever tasted in the entire world. They have no concept of a 12" or a 14" pizza. They sell pizza using names, and not all of the places use the same size for the names. You have Familia, Mediana and others. I’d have to go to a place, take a tape measure and then try and get them to tell me (my spanish is not so good) how to match the name to a size I understand.

When Mexicans cook western / European style food, they use the lowest quality ingredients and have no clue as to normal preparation methods. I watched one guy cook a pizza one day. The oven door was open 3/4 of the entire cooking process. Sometimes as long as 30 seconds at a time. He had to inspect the bottom at least 25 times during the process. The pizza never got very brown, it was NUTS.

Last edited:
Back