Continue to Site

quick desert pizza advice

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

what is the white icing that goes on the fruit pie filling pizzas that you can draw out a name ?
What do do you call that icing that I can buy from a grocer?

We got the cherry pie filling pizza, serving chilled, just trying to write names on it for a wedding party.

Otis

We use Rich’s “Heat and Ice” from foodservice vendor. I don’t know what you call it at the grocery store . . . except maybe decorating icing. The stuff in a tube, pre-colored?

Last edited:
Hi Otis,
Code:
 Are you talking about something like the icing for cinnamon sticks or cinnamon pizza?  If you are that is made real easy just by combining powdered sugar, water or milk, and vanilla.  You could even add a touch of almond to make yours stand out.  I hope this was what you were looking for.
Take care,
David

Last edited:
Nick and David,
Thank you, that give me the inormation I need.
Just doing it for 2 heart shaped pie so I will get that icing for cinamin(sp) rolls…think that will work…appreciate it,
Otis

"If you are that is made real easy just by combining powdered sugar, water or milk, and vanilla. You could even add a touch of almond to make yours stand out. I hope this was what you were looking for. "

thank you David, the instructions for the icing is on the powdered sugar box!

Otis

I love the Think Tank, that is what it is all about. You have been quite helpful to me over the past year or so on here also, so thanks to you as well! Have a great day!

Take care,
David

Last edited:
There is a great article on desert pizza in the October 2007 PMQ magazine…If you do not have the hard copy, you can sign up for a digital edition at http://www.pmq.com

Last edited:
Back