Continue to Site

R U OPEN SUNDAYS?

arduous

Anybody else closed sundays? We have been closed for the past 5 years every sunday and still we get many calls,and guests trying to dine-in,“However” should I risk my sanity & family for that extra $2600 boost?

Last edited:
60.png
arduous:
Anybody else closed sundays? We have been closed for the past 5 years every sunday and still we get many calls,and guests trying to dine-in,“However” should I risk my sanity & family for that extra $2600 boost?
Wow, great to see you’re doing that great that you can afford not to. But yeah, at that volume, why not get a manager??? If it were me, I would just make sure everything is fully prepped for Sunday to make it as easy as possible.

Last edited:
Years ago we used to be open on Sunday. One Easter we closed and went on a float trip and from that day we decided never to be open again. Some of the other posters said just hire a manager…we have managers and still would not open on Sunday. There is just something about not carrying a phone around if we don’t want to. We spend the day as a family and our family knows that is our day. We go to church and would never want to add just one more thing to interfere with that. We enjoy extended family celebrations on that day and schedule accordingly.

I give 100% all 6 days but Sunday is our day…period. Like you said it is for our sanity and our families sanity and no it is not worth 2600 although I doubt our sales would be that.

Kris

Last edited:
Sunday is our 3rd best day of the week. If I was going to close one day it would be Monday or Tuesday. But why? Trust your crew. They will be fine. If you think that YOU have to be there any time you are open you are not doing a good job managing.

With regard to carrying the phone around, that is easy; don’t do it.

Last edited:
Im all about quality time with the family but $2600 is too much to leave on the table. You need to train your crew, give them everything they need to do the job , then TRUST they can do it. If they cant repeat until you find a crew that can. Then you will not only free up your Sundays but hopefully many other days.

Good luck,

Last edited:
If you cannot trust your managers to run the store just as you would if you were there, you don’t really have managers. I mean, that is the whole point of management.

Last edited:
We open monday through saturday at 11 am and on Sunday we open at 4 pm. It is a great day of business for us even though we open later in the day.

Last edited:
I worked at Chick-Fil-A for many years. It was against procedures to open on Sunday. The few who tried to were replaced. The founder, has said in the past that if you need that day to make ends meet then you need to either find another job or be better at what you do. One day should not make a difference.

Last edited:
Chick-Fil-A does it for religious reasons. For all practical purposes, it is a christian organization.
http://members.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0723/080.html
Chick-fil-A’s corporate mission, as stated on a plaque at company headquarters (and by Cathy), is to “glorify God.” It is the only national fast-food chain that closes on Sunday so operators can go to church and spend time with their families; franchisees who don’t go along with the rule risk having their contracts terminated. Company meetings and retreats include prayers, and the company encourages franchisees to market their restaurants through church groups. Howe Rice, a franchisee in Glen Allen, Va., hosts a Bible study group in one of his two Chick-fil-A restaurants every Tuesday. He offers a free breakfast to all who attend. “You don’t have to be a Christian to work at Chick-fil-A, but we ask you to base your business on biblical principles because they work,” says Cathy.

Last edited:
We have been open for 12 years and have NEVER been open on Sunday. Not even for the super bowl. This decision was made in the beginning and has sometimes been difficult to stick to. Especially during Graduation season! But we are a small store and we go full speed the other six days a week. I am absolutely convinced the owner and myself would be in straight jackets without that day off:) Even though it has been this way for twelve years, the phone still rings all day Sunday and people try to place pre orders for that day. We have an answering machine that picks up and informs the customer what our business hours are.
Even without Sunday sales, the business does well, providing about 70% of my household income (the rest from my husbands day job) , 100% of the owners income (he has a stay at home wife and 10 children) as well as providing for 11 part time employees. Everyone’s bills are paid with extra to play with and we all get a day off every week.

Last edited:
Sunday is also our 3rd best day of the week. Its a no brainer that we’re open on the 3rd busiest day.

Last edited:
48.png
pizza2007:
Sunday is also our 3rd best day of the week. Its a no brainer that we’re open on the 3rd busiest day.
You do realize if you closed on Sunday, you would still have a 3rd busiest day right? 😛

Last edited:
I would close on Tuesdays and promote Monday as “Free hamster with every large pizza”

Last edited:
We are open sundays and closed on tuesdays, makes the most sense for us. However that was just for the winter and we will be back 7 days in 2 weeks

Last edited:
Back