Continue to Site

Reading Material

Themasterpizza

Hey All,
I am looking for some good reading material having to do with anything pizza. Marketing, food cost, recipes, profit margins, financials, delivery really anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
-J-

Last edited:
You are at the place where I would say the best information in the pizza industry can be found, The Think Tank. If you want to have neat little packages to read here are a few suggestions.

I have been re-reading Roy H. Williams books: The Wizard of Ads, Secret Formulas of the Wizard of Ads and Magical Worlds of the Wizard of Ads for marketing in general.

Scott Anthony has a book Profits in the Pie which is a good read.

Micheal Shepherd’s book Growing Pizza is also a good refresher on the industry.

Bill Martin has written Cashing in on Complaints which has some sound advice.

Last edited:
The Original Encyclopizza by John Correl is my best source related to the pizza production.
American Pie: My Search fo the Perfect Pizza by Peter Reinhart gives you a look on various pizza kinds around the world

Last edited:
The Black Book by Kamron Karington is the gold-standard pizza marketing resource. It’s about $300 and worth it! Kamron’s other book is Gun to the Head marketing (I got it on amazon for less than $20). I have both and wouldn’t trade them for anything.

Last edited:
One book everyone should read, and it’s free is: My Life In Advertising/Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins…. just Google it and you’ll find a free PDF on the internet… all good advertising and many advertising/marketing books today (mine included) pull from Claude’s principles… if you are a student of marketing - this is a great place to start…

Last edited:
As a marketing professional with 7+ years experience in the restaurant industry, I highly recommend The Black Book by Kamron Karington.

It is loaded with information that REALLY works.

Last edited:
Back