Continue to Site

Reheating slices question?

Jonny-G_s

Hello everyone, I hope you have a wonderful and busy holiday.

So, I am trying to determine the best set up for selling slices behind my bar once the kitchen has closed. Here is my plan. I want to have a merchandiser that can hold up to 2-3 18" pizzas cut for slices. Then have a small oven beside the merchandiser to reheat slices. I have been looking at the counter top units that are electric and have stones. The goal is to have a fast effective way for the bar staff to get quality slices to our customers.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonny

Last edited:
Imo, slices are good for one hour in the merchandizer. We don’t use the humidifier so maybe you get a bit more life from it otherwise . . . After twenty minutes we reheat slices to order for 2 minutes in the oven.

Why not just prep skins ahead of time for what you think you will need and keep baking them fresh? All you have to do is clean the cutting boards and knives at the end of the night.

Last edited:
HI Jonny

As noted by the reply above, there is no way that I am aware of to maintain quality pizza for an extended period.

Be cautious serving inferior slices may blight your image for quality pizza.

Perhaps it would be better if you had a small counter top oven and prepared a fresh personal size pizza.

It will be interesting to see if many other suggestions are forthcoming.

George Mills

Last edited:
While it is a bit more work, the presentation and finished quality is well worth the extra effort. `Why not prepare your par-baked based with about 1/2 0f the normal amount of sauce. No cheese, nothing else, just half of the normal sauce. Then, when an order is placed for a slice, remove a slice from a room temperature holding cabinet, apply the additional sauce and all of the cheese. Maybe offer a couple varieties (pre-scale the toppings into individual cups) add the toppings under the cheese, and bake in a counter top air impingement oven for about 3 to 3.5-minutes. Great presentation and flavor. Be sure to use the Lloyds Hex disk to bake these on as a regular screen will become quickly clogged with overspill from the cheese and toppings rendering them useless. Nothing sticks to the Hex disks. You probably won’t need more than maybe three or four disks total.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back