Continue to Site

Salads out, Point of Success work flow

johnmorrison

Opening new shop soon with Point of success POS , previously had salad bar, hand written tickets. How to get the cooks making a salad right away so in house dining customers do not have to wait a long time if there are 10 or 15 orders in front ? also i haven’t figured out ticket flow – from printer to wheel ? or ball bearing ticket strip in front of dough tosser to ball bearing strip in front of cooks or get 3 monitors with CPU’s and power protectors ( costly and tough to find space for to mount) any help appreciated, doing dine in 68 seats and take out

Last edited:
The best thing I could think of would be having a separate prep ticket printer for your priority items. In POS you can assign each item and tell it which location you want it to print to. If you have someone making just the fast things like salads, you could put that printer in their section. Or when they see it pop up on that printer, they could stop what they are doing and make that ticket if thats how you want to do it.

I’m not sure what to suggest for tickets. I have a deli cooler beside the prep table that we put the tickets on with magnets while we make the order, then move the ticket to the oven area when it goes in. We also have a kind of zip line type thing with closepins that can hold tickets along our back work table where we assemble sandwiches and sauce and box wings.

Last edited:
I believe there is a 'Coursing" feature in the premium version to do exactly this, hopefully Jeff pops in to verify or suggest an expedient method.

Back in my fine-dining days, We got the whole ticket so we could see apps, salads, & entrees ASAP,\ that would allow us to get set up, and then when the server told us when salads are going out for each specific table so we could have our timing right.

Last edited:
After 7 years of POS, I’m so glad I switched

I was stubborn at 1st but now I love breakaway pos

Last edited:
Use 2 kitchen monitors… One set to only show the prep station for the salads and such and the other set to show everything else

Last edited:
Back