Sam's club dough balls

Jess_Matson

I am making the switch from pre-sheet dough to Sam’s club dough balls. What is the process everyone is using with these. Do they need to sit after they saw to rise or once they thought out can I press and use

Dough needs to be opened at room temp, so let them sit out.

You should think about switching to dough made in house. You’ll get a better product at a much lower price in the long run.

Only problem i have to making my own dough. I’m in a good trailer so space is the issue. If I had a retail store I would make my own.

Sam’s Club tends to run out of or change it’s stock at the most inopportune times. I’d recommend finding a distributor who carries dough balls with a small minimum delivery that you can have as backup just in case.

Sams Club runs out of everything 😛 I just ordered 6 cases of dough balls. Getting Cheese is hell. We actully don’t have any supplier that doesn’t have a small Min. PFG has 15 case min. Ben E Keith and Sysco has $500 Reignheart i pickup locally all the time. But they only have a 30lb box of dough. I figure if i keep a large enough stock i should be good… I avg selling 60 pizza out of my trailer a week.

If the dough is completely thawed all the way through, it may be removed from the bag – stretched – topped – and baked immediately.
Any floor time given will increase the thickness (rise) of the pizza. A very cold dough will not color up and be denser with a less open grain after cutting.

We have used several brands of frozen dough with Lamonica’s being our favorite. The problem with frozen is the dough hasn’t had time to develop before freezing. Therefore, we take them out of the freezer, thaw them on the bench-still in bags, and then debag and stack in dough boxes. We’ve found that you need to hold them refrigerated 24 hours minimum but preferably 48-60 hours before use. Otherwise the dough will not rise satisfactorily and won’t develop cell structure that nulove320 mentions. Experiment with different hold times for the brand you will use to see the difference that developing the dough makes.

Back