Continue to Site

San Diego bound

The_Fat_Boy

going to San Diego Sept 15-17 to see my recruit become a Marine (so proud of the kid šŸ˜ƒ ) any shops that we can visit in the area would like to try some of that Cali Pizza :lol:

we are also visiting LA the night of the 15th

thanks Dennis

Last edited:
Congrats and Semper Fi to both you and your son/daughter Dennis. :!:

I needed to add too this post. First, sorry Fat Boy as I am going off base here on you but for a good reason. I just had Sunday brunch with my extended family in for my grandmotherā€™s b-day and I did not know that my uncleā€™s girlfriendā€™s sonā€¦ so could be my cousin by marriage, was just back from boot at Parris Island and was going for a brief intro into his ā€œAā€ school training before shipping out to Afghanistan. He is only 19 but was a 4.0 gpa freshman college student and instead of going back to school this fall he enlisted. He is going into aviation and has signed an 8 year commitment with an accelerated schedule for continuing his education and going through OCS and then into the flight program. I remember myself back in 1990 and the thoughts going through my headā€¦ Ironically we were fighting in the same areas. He talks the big game but we all know the fear that is in there and it is that fear that keeps a lot of these kids safe when out there defending our country and the wrongs of the world. Talk about a load of stress for being 19ā€¦ enlisting is tough enough but put on top of that flying around the world and being told, by the way, while fighting a war you are going to earn some college credits too. I know it will be mostly hands on type education while in deployment but still what we ask of these kids these days. I am not a super religious person but God bless all these kids and a prayer that they all come home fast and safe.

Back